Test Drive - Local dealer does not allow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TunaSmell

Reaction score
I called a local dealer in Washington DC metro area about a 2019 Raptor I was interested in. I asked about test driving and they said they do not take the Raptor's out on the road but that I could drive it around the lot. So I am suppose to drop some serious coin on a vehicle but I can't take it out for s test drive. Is this normal?

Kraftei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Dealer was probably getting to many tire kickers, if you show up and you are serious I suspect you are good to go...

I am in real estate, we get folks that want to view homes even though they do not have a hope in hell of getting financed. I have to screen those folks out, most of the time we get it right, the odd time we get it wrong..

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some here will let you, others will let you test drive their used, and others won't let you at all.
I didn't want miles racked up on mine from joy riders, so I ordered one.

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local CA dealer let me test drive, but didn’t want to sell to me at MSRP. Ended up having to buy from Team Ford in Vegas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had to drive a 2017 from carmax and bought my 2018 new from different dealer. that said my dealer wouldn't let me test drive until they knew 100% finances were order.

dew.man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove one locally, but the dealer that had the color I wanted, that gave me a great deal and I ended up buying from, also does NOT allow Raptors out on test drives.

vhudoo

Reaction score
I live in the DC metro area and experienced the same when I was deciding whether I wanted the truck. Eventually got frustrated and found a used ‘17 to test drive then found an out of state dealer to purchase my ‘19.