Tasca Mod Shop Adds a Ford Racing 2.3L Whipple Twin Screw to the 5.4 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tried to find the kit on their website but got no joy. I sent them a contact request, and also linked them here, as well as asked the usual "how does your tune affect all the off road modes of the Raptor". Hopefully they'll sign up and offer some thoughts!

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tasca is a great place to buy factory Ford parts... great prices and fast shipping! I didn't know they also had a "mod shop"!

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
An exciting development for sure. The Ford Racing Supercharger. Sounds like something our dealers should be happy to sell and install. And if they'll provide a warranty as most dealerships should when installing factory parts/kits, that'll be a bonus.

And Dominic at TASCA is one of the best sources for discounted Ford factory parts and Ford Racing parts.

Dominic at Tasca
[email protected]

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tried to find the kit on their website but got no joy. I sent them a contact request, and also linked them here, as well as asked the usual "how does your tune affect all the off road modes of the Raptor". Hopefully they'll sign up and offer some thoughts!
Its a modified 04-08 kit.
Tasca is a great place to buy factory Ford parts... great prices and fast shipping! I didn't know they also had a "mod shop"!
They are also a Mod Shop for Shelby parts. You can order any CSX car from them.
An exciting development for sure. The Ford Racing Supercharger. Sounds like something our dealers should be happy to sell and install. And if they'll provide a warranty as most dealerships should when installing factory parts/kits, that'll be a bonus.
Installation of this kit will void your new vehicle powertrain warranty

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9358

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Ford page Tank posted says adds 160 horses and 160 lb-ft of torque. I don't think the TASCA video was nearly that high. As I recall it was 100 lb-ft of torque.

Sucks big time about the voiding powertrain warranty.

From Ford Racing site (Tank's link above):
  • Black Wrinkle Finish. For Polished Finish see M-6066-F105P
  • Fits 2005-2008 F-150 with 5.4L 3-valve engine. For 2004 see M-6066-F104
  • Produces additional 160 hp and 160 lb-ft of torque at the rear wheel with 93 octane
  • Kit includes:
    • Ford Racing 2.3L twin screw supercharger by Whipple
    • Open air high-flow intake
    • Intake manifold
    • Drive belt
    • Ford Racing ProCal tool with performance calibration for significantly improved throttle response and performance feel
  • Due to multiple powertrain calibrations, online registration is required to receive ProCal calibration delivery tool after purchase
  • Ford Racing does not ship ProCal tools directly overseas. Customers must make special arrangements with their Ford Racing Distributor
  • Powertrain calibrations are developed and supported for U.S. and Canadian vehicles only
  • Unlike our competitors, all Ford Racing Power Upgrade Packages are 50 state emissions
  • Federal and state laws prohibit any person from installing aftermarket add-on or modified parts prior to the sale of a new motor vehicle
  • Note:
    • Installation of this kit will void your new vehicle powertrain warranty
    • Superchargers are built to order. Please allow 7 days for assembly

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Ford page Tank posted says adds 160 horses and 160 lb-ft of torque. I don't think the TASCA video was nearly that high. As I recall it was 100 lb-ft of torque.

Sucks big time about the voiding powertrain warranty.

From Ford Racing site (Tank's link above):
  • Black Wrinkle Finish. For Polished Finish see M-6066-F105P
  • Fits 2005-2008 F-150 with 5.4L 3-valve engine. For 2004 see M-6066-F104
  • Produces additional 160 hp and 160 lb-ft of torque at the rear wheel with 93 octane
  • Kit includes:
    • Ford Racing 2.3L twin screw supercharger by Whipple
    • Open air high-flow intake
    • Intake manifold
    • Drive belt
    • Ford Racing ProCal tool with performance calibration for significantly improved throttle response and performance feel
  • Due to multiple powertrain calibrations, online registration is required to receive ProCal calibration delivery tool after purchase
  • Ford Racing does not ship ProCal tools directly overseas. Customers must make special arrangements with their Ford Racing Distributor
  • Powertrain calibrations are developed and supported for U.S. and Canadian vehicles only
  • Unlike our competitors, all Ford Racing Power Upgrade Packages are 50 state emissions
  • Federal and state laws prohibit any person from installing aftermarket add-on or modified parts prior to the sale of a new motor vehicle
  • Note:
    • Installation of this kit will void your new vehicle powertrain warranty
    • Superchargers are built to order. Please allow 7 days for assembly
Tasca Mod Shop is giving gains at the wheel where the FRPP website gives gains at the crank. I have spoken with Dustin at Whipple and Jared at Lethal Performance and they both have said that there are no plans to make an 09+ F-150 blower kit for now.

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see the benefit of going with a factory option if it doesn't maintain the factory warranty. Chances are the factory option will be priced at a premium compared to the aftermarket options and I don't see the value there without the warranty. It's nice to have choices though!

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per OEM terms, that would be a "heat exchanger" resting behind the front grille that was installed and the "inter-cooler" would reside in the lower intake manifold in that s/c kit, if it is so included. I've seen these kits installed on 2010 HD pickups and also on 2010 Lincoln pickups (from MX manufacturers). FFS