Tasca Mod Shop Adds a Ford Racing 2.3L Whipple Twin Screw to the 5.4 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

db@Tasca

Reaction score
Don from Tasca here, I will post in the new members section as well. To answer the question about "how the tune affects the off-road modes". Our engine calibration has no effect on that seeing as how we don’t make any changes to the transmission or TCM, ABS system or turn off any factory torque switches, fuel controls or safety switches like most after market companies do. We simply make changes to your MAF Transfer Function, Fuel injectors, fuel pressure along with some timing and knock sensor changes. This truck drives like stock except when you stab the throttle! Feel free to email or visit our wbesite for more info (Raptor info will be up soon) www.tascamodshop.com

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Don, for posting this info in the forum!

This is really interesting as it may allow us to get questions about other tuners and products companies services and mods. Especially since some shops/aftermarket companies haven't been clear about this issue (how the tune/product affects Off-Road Mode").

To answer the question about "how the tune affects the off-road modes". Our engine calibration has no effect on that seeing as how we don’t make any changes to the transmission or TCM, ABS system or turn off any factory torque switches, fuel controls or safety switches like most after market companies do. We simply make changes to your MAF Transfer Function, Fuel injectors, fuel pressure along with some timing and knock sensor changes.

Don, any comment about warranty - factory and TASCA's? Other than the cost of the kit/install that seems to be a huge barrier for some Raptor owners.

Thanks again!

db@Tasca

Reaction score
FRPP's warranty is 1yr/12,000 miles, unlike other kits out there. Also FRPP's tune is 50 state emissions legal and being Ford's calibration there will not be any driveability issues. The factory drive-train warranty would be no longer unfortunately.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks again Don!

This is the first I'm hearing about the FRPP warranty on the blower. I thought I'd checked on that in the past and there was none? Speaking of which, what exactly does the FRPP warranty cover for 12 months or 12,000 miles? Is it on the blower only? (That's what I suspect and if so, that's not much).

When will you have the info up on your TASCA website? Is Dominic your brother? :mrgreen:

db@Tasca

Reaction score
The "Kit" is under warranty but see that you ask that I'm Domenic's brother, it's now void!

haha

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don, Dominic - it's all good :thumbsup: You both work for the same company so you should play nicely together (at least in front of customers) :mrgreen:

bullittman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally something for you poor five four guys:bananaboobies::bananaboobies::bananaboobies:

There is absolutely nothing POOR about my 5.4 Raptor! It is perfectly capable just like it is, I own a couple of modded Mustangs that I get my GO FAST fix from!

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What ever happened to the mod shop raptors? Links gone, vids gone, nothing on web site about raptor etc? They have a good following in the gt500 crowd I run with so what gives with the raptor?