Tailgate Theft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bgs73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok...so im driving around and my bed seems a bit noisy, so being lazy i pulled to the dealer since they should fix it if something is wrong, right. Anyway, aparently my gate was missing 4 bolts and according to ford its cause someone must have not been unsuccessfull at stealing my tailgate...like got spooked during process. WTF...i hate freaking crooks. Anyone else hear of this crap?
B

D

Deleted member 12951

What four bolts? If your tailgate isn't locked, a thief can get it in about 20 seconds or less. If you have it locked they just need to get in the bed and remove the panel, probably a minute now if they have tools. If a tailgate lock like the McGard add a few more minutes. Hopefully they don't have tools and move on....

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no camera = no theft

Camera would be nice though. theres better places to put it

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't that mean they made off with it? J/K, man that sucks.

About to say this too.

Buy a tailgate lock btw. Won't stop a moderately determined thief but should give you the extra few minutes as a conscientious Raptor owner to conduct his customary 15-min truck check and spot the guy and kick his ass.

Oh and on a secondary note, this weekend some one parked right against my Sparebumper, hard. Not that it bothered me at all since the guy just crushed his license plate but it pays to have aftermarket protection front/back for these busy park-by-feel North Summers.

Venomns

Reaction score
Or you can be like me.... Have the tailgate lock AND back up to my garage!!

Iman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep mine locked at all times. Happens all the time in so cal.

OP
OP
bgs73

bgs73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry...ya it was the panel. Guess ive been oblivious to the world outside of air force installations as ive lived on them for years..
I appreciate the input from you all-I will be getting a tailgate lock.
---Makes me wanna sleep n my truck and great em with my 45....lol

B