Tail light damage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Forget what year but they changed the BLIS sticker to an emboss in the mold. So that may be worth checking in case that would drive you nuts.

OP
OP
Raptorial

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forget what year but they changed the BLIS sticker to an emboss in the mold. So that may be worth checking in case that would drive you nuts.
Would a non-BLISS work? I could just install my BLISS module in it? Or do the non-BLISS not have the mount?

OP
OP
Raptorial

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a new one coming. Thanks gents.

I couldn't make myself by the scratched one off EBay. Now it's time to make my wife feel guilty :)

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife backed into something when she borrowed my truck. Does anyone know if I can buy just the cover? Or do I need to replace the entire assembly at $1100? Everything still works and it's just the outer shell that's damaged View attachment 435541
Replace the wife before the broken tail light ? Jk jk lol.at least that's all that was damaged.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a new one coming. Thanks gents.

I couldn't make myself by the scratched one off EBay. Now it's time to make my wife feel guilty :)
I have an extra OEM driver's side taillight I didn't mess up. Someone hit my passenger bumper and taillight when I was parked, so I bought Morimoto's almost a year ago.....LMK if you're interested. It's in a box in my tool closet. I can send pics if needed.IMG_9428.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9431.jpg
    IMG_9431.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 5

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw some older posts of yours while searching. Assuming the 2017 Raptor taillights I found on EBay are the same as 2019-2020?

Can I just get those, swap out the BLIS, reinstall and avoid an ECU reflash? I haven't taken out these taillights. Don't know if BLIS is inside or affixed to the back of the assembly.
you don't need ECU flash.
Blis attach to assembly.
google,there is a video out.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now it's time to make my wife feel guilty :)
let us know how that works out for you. im pretty sure you will be the one sleeping on the couch. she probably has a stack of arguments stored somewhere that you havent heard or remembered yet and will turn the tables on you at the slightest mention of tail light