AlphaRex Tail Light out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with AlphaRex with warranties? My drivers side tail light isn't working and just curious how they are to deal with. Brake lights and turn signals work and i'm getting power at all the plugs so i'm 99% sure its something in the light. Passenger side works fine so i'll swap them and verify its not the truck wiring. I did send them an email so i'll report on what i hear back. Lights aren't even a year old so at least they should be covered, just hoping they send me a new one before i have to send the old one back.

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sent a few videos to AlphaRex to show the issue and they said to contact Stage 3 Motorsports where i bought them. Lights were still under warranty so Stage 3 motorsports is sending me a new set and i have to send the old ones back. They provided a shipping label so when the new ones show up i'll use their packing and ship my old ones back. Nice that it was covered and hopefully these new ones will last. I don't think there's much i can do if they go out after the warranty period.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Sent a few videos to AlphaRex to show the issue and they said to contact Stage 3 Motorsports where i bought them. Lights were still under warranty so Stage 3 motorsports is sending me a new set and i have to send the old ones back. They provided a shipping label so when the new ones show up i'll use their packing and ship my old ones back. Nice that it was covered and hopefully these new ones will last. I don't think there's much i can do if they go out after the warranty period.

Price and this reason is why I’ve always been hesitant to buy led type tails.

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m rethinking it now. I had some Xtune lights that worked great for 7 years so my experience with led tail lights has been good till now. Funny thing i just noticed i bought the alpharex lights the same day i bought the Xtunes, just 7 years apart. Weird

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the replacement tail lights installed and everything is now working as it should. HOWEVER, Alpharex changed the design of the resistors and now instead of 1 small resistor attached to the back of the light, there are 4 massive resistors that you have to mount somewhere. If you're ever taken your tail lights out you know how much space there is back there and how difficult it is to work in there. They do come with 3M tape but that'll last about 2 days so I ended up drilling a few holes and using some 6-32 bolts to hold them in. I only put 1 bolt per resistor because i wasn't about to try to match the hole pattern. Even with 1 hole i had to drill one of them 3 times to get it to clear the washers on the inside. What should be a 20min job is now about 45 and a lot more hassle. I still like the lights but probably wouldn't buy them again know what i know now.

Old design
IMG_6740.jpeg

New design with resistors
IMG_6742.jpeg

Inside of tail light housing. I have some bed lights and a switch so thats the extra red wires and grommets.
IMG_6743.jpeg

If you use fasteners, make sure to space them so the resistor clears this washer.
IMG_6746.jpeg

Also make sure you clear this dimpled hole.
IMG_6745.jpeg

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you get this fixed with alpharex? They have a great warranty and are easy to work with..also check the date on when they were made. Oct 2022 is not what you want. I can inform you a lot more on this if you didn't get it handled.