Body Repair vs Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thrashx

Reaction score
I backed into a mailbox and gouged the rear quarter panel. It's like 3 scratches and a barely noticeable dent, but the scratches are deep enough that the aluminum is clearly gouged. The body repair shop wants to replace the entire rear quarter panel which brings the total cost of repairs to $3,500. The total size of the damaged area is like 10 inches by 8 inches. Has anyone dealt with similar damage and had body repair work done without replacing the entire panel?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No help here. I only read the post because the title got me excited. My doctor told me that my body can't be repaired and that replacing it is illegal unless I move to China and buy a Uyghur. I'm not ready for that. :)

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Go to a “Dent Dr” or similar pointless dent repair. If they’re good, they can completely remove the dent and apply touch up paint to the scratches.
A body shop will just f*ck it up for future problems.

Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have creases in the dent, then you'll need to replace the panel. Aluminum isn't easy to work with and paintless dent repair won't be an option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter