SYNC3 version?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
How do I easily know if I need an update to SYNC3? I remember I used to be able to tell on the Ford website when a SYNC3 update came out and if my vehicle was behind a version. I can't seem to find this info anymore. I also cannot seem to get the update to occur over my home wifi reliably. I have joined my wifi, but it seems to fail the check for an update when I force it to check.

So, I just trying to figure out, how do I know if I am up to date or behind in version easily?

Thank you!

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go to

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/sync-my-ride.html

register

it will tell you what version you have, and what the current version is.
Is it just me, or does that link not work? I tried loading it the other day, and after it loaded, I would scroll down to the login section, and then the site would just sit there forever with a spinning arrow after I clicked Login. Now when I try to load the page, it comes up with a 404 Page Not Found error.

Is there another link where I can check on my Sync update status?

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had the first issue with my truck today (as it turned over to 50K mi), and fixed it myself. The Sync system was frozen (map, audio, etc.). Drove it home and did a hard reset (removed the positive battery cable for 45 min, reconnected, and everything worked fine with no loss of my settings. Just wanted to post this to possibly help someone else.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The registration hadn’t worked all last week but did this weekend. The owners site still seems slow and inaccurate with it’s vehicle info. Ford confirmed the website issues for me middle of last week fwiw.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I just had the first issue with my truck today (as it turned over to 50K mi), and fixed it myself. The Sync system was frozen (map, audio, etc.). Drove it home and did a hard reset (removed the positive battery cable for 45 min, reconnected, and everything worked fine with no loss of my settings. Just wanted to post this to possibly help someone else.

I think you may not have needed to do this. I had this happen really early on in ’17. left the range and had bupkus; no nav, no sound, no screen activity at all. It just started up that way. I tried turning off / on, same thing. got home, resigned myself to take it to the dealer.

next morning, all was well. Has never happened since.

It’s like they get mad at us for making them sit in bumper to bumper traffic.

tahoeacr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried to update my Sync and the downloaded file is like over 800 kb. Don't know of any thumb drives that big lol. Guess I need to take it to the dealer.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried to update my Sync and the downloaded file is like over 800 kb. Don't know of any thumb drives that big lol. Guess I need to take it to the dealer.
I'm guessing you're using the wrong units. 800 kb? Did you mean 800MB? I can't imagine you meant 800GB, right? Finding an 800MB USB thumb drive should be easy (in fact, I'd be VERY surprised if you could find anything for sale that wouldn't be big enough).

Or were you being facetious?

I'm lost! haha

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you may not have needed to do this. I had this happen really early on in ’17. left the range and had bupkus; no nav, no sound, no screen activity at all. It just started up that way. I tried turning off / on, same thing. got home, resigned myself to take it to the dealer.

next morning, all was well. Has never happened since.

It’s like they get mad at us for making them sit in bumper to bumper traffic.
I had sound, but couldn't change the station, and no map on the GPS. Bluetooth worked as far as making calls, but couldn't recall the address book. So it was a partial shutdown which I tried to fix by turning the truck off to no avail.