SYNC 3 PROMPT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got fed up with it finally and went to check out why no ota updates. Last update among everything else caused it to not remember my Wi-Fi. So I manually reentered and requested update which it did and it now works perfectly. I left key on and waited too while it did so. Yes I’m a hero:33:

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The USB method is the way to go. The only hang up I noticed was after the update was done and after 2 key cycles, the satellite radio did its own update. After that, things were good to go.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wishI would have seen this thread before I did the master reset. Now I have a dead screen and no way to fix anything. The dealer can't get me in for 2 weeks. I never gave much thought to how much you lose when your sync is dead.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bumping this
Sync was having issues, tried reset, master reset, update over wifi, new battery + bms reset.

So finally got a usb to do it manually but the file wont download properly, supposed to get 3 files, but only get one (the .msa file only). Everytime i download the file it says its invalid, tried multiple browers and my antivirus isnt doing anything. Other forums listed a bunch of work arounds but none have worked. Dont really wanna have to drop it off at the dealer for this.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
that sounds like a USB drive issue. Try a newer/bigger one. Also, I don’t remember what format it’s looking for on the USB, check that too.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sounds like a USB drive issue. Try a newer/bigger one. Also, I don’t remember what format it’s looking for on the USB, check that too.
Its exfat for ours

But the issue isnt that, its the download from ford to the pc. Apparently im not the only one reading some forums on it.

My sync downloaded over wifi or tried to, took forever to hit like 15% but then the truck reset or restarted and says its up to date. No idea if its a glitch or it did actually update. But the issues persist plus now my sync is showing a -40*F difference now which makes my ac not really work

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve got a ’17, and have a steady WiFi connection literally 10 feet from the router, which is wired. Even under those optimum conditions, I couldn’t do a Wifi sync update. So I always did USB. The last one I did was the 3.4 cyan labs download. The only drawback to that is it doesn’t upload the data to Ford, who still think I’m on 3.0

Did you do any mods up front? pull the grille perhaps? I had that happen once when I was mucking about with the S8 in the grille.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a ’17, and have a steady WiFi connection literally 10 feet from the router, which is wired. Even under those optimum conditions, I couldn’t do a Wifi sync update. So I always did USB. The last one I did was the 3.4 cyan labs download. The only drawback to that is it doesn’t upload the data to Ford, who still think I’m on 3.0

Did you do any mods up front? pull the grille perhaps? I had that happen once when I was mucking about with the S8 in the grille.
Nah, just eclik and intercooler (stock location)
Hopin ford unfucks their download cause it seems corrupted on their end

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try using cyanlabs sync updater if you're not getting the update from Ford's site to work

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also try a different computer. When I did the download on a Mac, I couldn’t get the update to work. Once I tried it on a PC, worked. If there’s no access to another computer, you could also choose the option to buy the USB preloaded with the update.