SYNC 3 PROMPT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDR2019

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford released a new update a few days ago. Just found it on the MyFord site, downloaded it to a USB drive, and spent about 30mins letting it install. TBD on whether or not it fixes it, but I have my fingers crossed!

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also in the process of updating. Tried it with a Mac with no luck so now I’m trying on a PC and will update with results.

RDR2019

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The USB drive must be formatted as exFAT and then all I did was copy over the files to it, plug it into a USB port in the truck, turn on the ignition, and then after 30-45s the “installing system update” banner appeared at the top of the screen. It then stayed like that for about 30-40 mins (while leaving the truck at idle) before restarting, going back into the installing system update status and then finally it said to remove the USB.

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The USB drive must be formatted as exFAT and then all I did was copy over the files to it, plug it into a USB port in the truck, turn on the ignition, and then after 30-45s the “installing system update” banner appeared at the top of the screen. It then stayed like that for about 30-40 mins (while leaving the truck at idle) before restarting, going back into the installing system update status and then finally it said to remove the USB.

Just finished the install and can say that the prompt no longer pops up! Still need to take it for a drive to see if it gets stuck on reverse screen, forget WiFi, etc.

Edit: can confirm the update fixed all the issues for my truck

Last edited:

debauch

Reaction score
Oh sweet baby Jesus!! Confirmed that prompts are gone. Sync now also remembers my settings. Moving between menus seems to be a little snappier also.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
YESSS!!! Downloading now. That prompt was driving me nuts

Update: It worked for me. Downloaded on USB flash drive and followed steps as show on website. All in all took about 10-15 minutes.

Last edited:

tlrmade

Reaction score
Ford released a new update a few days ago. Just found it on the MyFord site, downloaded it to a USB drive, and spent about 30mins letting it install. TBD on whether or not it fixes it, but I have my fingers crossed!

Any links to this update? Thank you!

tlrmade

Reaction score
Tried to update mine today and I’m getting this error?

Attachments

• IMG_5792.jpeg
    IMG_5792.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 21