Sync update V4.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, I was never able to install and confirm the 4.4 so I guess for me the checker was still available by the time I decided to try it.
The 4.4 was removed the same week from the site.

Last edited:

ertman

Reaction score
Well, it took 5 years but I finally have title and track info when playing songs over bluetooth!

Sync 4.6 is available now and I was able to install it tonight. I'm running version DE8T-14D544-AG and everything seems to be working fine.

Release notes:

The latest release of SYNC® (V4.6) software delivers a more robust driving experience for vehicles equipped with SYNC® and SYNC® with MyFord®.27 The latest version also includes new features:

Streamlined help commands save time. SYNC® offers the corresponding help prompts only to the area that you¿re using.

Enhanced phonebook search allows you to browse and scroll through your contacts, alphabetically.

SYNC® AppLink™ now available in Canada and Mexico. Now, AppLink™ can be controlled in English, French (Canadian) and Spanish (Mexican).63

SYNC® reboot allows you to quickly restart the SYNC® system to facilitate communication between your Bluetooth® - enabled device and SYNC®, without repairing your device or performing a master reset.

Last edited:

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it took 5 years but I finally have title and track info when playing songs over bluetooth!

Sync 4.6 is available now and I was able to install it tonight. I'm running version DE8T-14D544-AG and everything seems to be working fine.

Release notes:

The latest release of SYNC® (V4.6) software delivers a more robust driving experience for vehicles equipped with SYNC® and SYNC® with MyFord®.27 The latest version also includes new features:

Streamlined help commands save time. SYNC® offers the corresponding help prompts only to the area that you¿re using.

Enhanced phonebook search allows you to browse and scroll through your contacts, alphabetically.

SYNC® AppLink™ now available in Canada and Mexico. Now, AppLink™ can be controlled in English, French (Canadian) and Spanish (Mexican).63

SYNC® reboot allows you to quickly restart the SYNC® system to facilitate communication between your Bluetooth® - enabled device and SYNC®, without repairing your device or performing a master reset.

Does this latest update fix the iPhone 6/7 incoming call issue? I was told by a SYNC rep that the latest IOS firmware were not compatible but perhaps the latest SYNC updates bridges the gap?

OP
OP
mprice1234

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Smooth install

4.4 was a nightmare but the latest sync update was smooth as silk! Install went off with out a hitch and only took about 5 minutes. Hats off to Ford for getting this one right even if it was by accident :).

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, this 4.6 is working nice.
I can remote start far away and when I get into the truck the phone syncs right away.
Never did that from day one, I'd always have to go to phone/settings/connect on the Nav.

Last edited:

RV67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anybody asked in here but was the preset text messages fixed, or the compose option?

Not sure if this will help....I now get a text notification in the display and have never got any before.Only heard my "text tone" thru speakers.