Sync update V4.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Has anyone done this update? I went on Owner.Ford.com yesterday for the fun of it and the site came up with "sync update available for your vehicle". I did the install and all went well but now when I run a vehicle history report it says on the phone that it can not complete because I'm not registered at Sync my ride.com. If I go to Sync my ride.com it just takes me to my owner.ford.com site which I am registered.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Has anyone done this update? I went on Owner.Ford.com yesterday for the fun of it and the site came up with "sync update available for your vehicle". I did the install and all went well but now when I run a vehicle history report it says on the phone that it can not complete because I'm not registered at Sync my ride.com. If I go to Sync my ride.com it just takes me to my owner.ford.com site which I am registered.

I do not have any Sync updates for my '13. I am still at v3.6.2 and you are now at v4.4?

D

Deleted member 12951

What year raptor?

I just checked mine and it shows up to date that I did back in Dec 2014
Gen2-v3.7
EA5T-14D544-AC

Gumart1

Reaction score
I had to call the customer service line because the same thing was happening to me. I had to change browsers to login. You are not doing anything wrong. Problems with their site. You do not need to run the vehicle health report. It's optional.

OP
OP
mprice1234

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
4.4 sucks

Wasted over an hour doing online chat with Sync tech named Barbie (that should have told me it wasn't going to end well). Did all kinds of jumps thru hoops and standing on my head and of course none of it worked to fix running a health report. I know I don't need to run one but I hate when Ford puts out shit that doesn't work. I guess I'll wait another 4 years for them to come out with an update again and see if by then they have their shit together but not going to hold my breath. So my advice if it comes up to update your Sync gen 3 don't do it there is nothing on the new update that didn't work on the old one.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hi mprice1234,

Usually this means the phone you were using is not the main phone number on your account. Did you check that while chatting with Barbie?

I do not have any Sync updates for my '13. I am still at v3.6.2 and you are now at v4.4?

The update mprice1234 is referring to is not for MyFord Touch systems. Your system is up-to-date with 3.6.2, Trick_Raptor.

Is this just for 2010-2012?

Version 3.7 is the latest for yours, RDFTS. This update is for 2010-2013 vehicles with Basic SYNC and SYNC with MyFord; 2010-2014 vehicles with SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation.

Rebecca

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does the "Vehicle Health Report" do? When I hit "Yes"... what happens?