SYNC Stuff - News & Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We can help with the phone info but not with your wife :D :D :D

If you go with your wife's phone she'll be happy.

If you go with another phone she won't let you be happy.

So you have two choices: make her happy or make her happy. ;)

Ahhhh... Simplicity... it's GENIUS! <G>

Tanks Dan!

Falcon

DJ BFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that you both should just go with the phone that you like individually, that way you are both happy!!!!!! especially when it comes to the wife. but honestly if "WE MEN" have to do everything to make the wife happy then what is being done to make us happy? be strong men put your foot down once in a while.

Tell those women that your the king of that castle!!!!! (when thay aren't around) LOL :)

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I think that you both should just go with the phone that you like individually, that way you are both happy!!!!!! especially when it comes to the wife. but honestly if "WE MEN" have to do everything to make the wife happy then what is being done to make us happy? be strong men put your foot down once in a while.

Tell those women that your the king of that castle!!!!! (when thay aren't around) LOL :)

Yeah, I wear the pants in this family...whichever ones she picks out.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When it comes to technology my wife relies on me to make the right decision. Sometimes it's a good thing and other times well....her laptop has been waiting on a motherboard for over a year...maybe I should finally fix it for her.

Now don't call me any names or make bad comments...she's got another laptop, so I didn't leave her hanging that much.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by DJ BFG

I'm not the boss of my house. That's ok, because I've seen the bosses job, and I don't WANT it!

<GG>

Falcon

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I work with a guy that's always bragging, "I CAN DO WHAT I WANT" and I always tell him, "Yeah, until you get home!" He brags about it because he absolutely CAN'T "do what he wants".

So about the SYNC system... :D

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score

LOL that reminds me of a great movie quote:
"Ma, Dad is so stubborn. What he says goes. "Ah, the man is the head of the house!" "
"Let me tell you something, Toula. The man is the head, but the woman is the neck. And she can turn the head any way she wants."
:doh:

Raptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A smart woman lets you think you are in charge! My wife is very smart. I am in charge(I think). LOL

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My contract is up on my Cell... I have a "dumb" phone now (No cracks Dan <G>). For those of you that have smart phones, can you give me the pluses and minuses of the different offerings? The wife wants I-phones, and I like them, but as far as SYNC goes is that the best phone?

Any help you can offer will be appreciated!

Falcon

Falcon it all depends on what features you are looking for.

Blackberry's are cool phones with nice hardware qwerty pads built in but the API (used by developers to create programs for the smartphone) is very limited at the present time and therefore the Blackberry lacks in downloadable 3rd party applications. These are solid phones with a multitude of functions for personal and business use, although it is known for it's enterprise capabilities. RIM (Research in Motion) is the company who owns the Blackberry brand. My collection includes a Blackberry Bold.

Android phones are the new iPhone wannabes and have come a long way since the first handset. I read somewhere that there were 9300 new applications within the first quarter of this year. Developers will continue to develop new applications as time goes by increasing the application marketplace. Android driven phones are in their infancy and can only get better. Android is a Google created phone operating system and is often called Droid. There are several manufacturers who offer Droid phones, HTC is main manufacturer of Droid handsets.

iPhones are cool, have many functions and hundreds of thousands of applications available, some are free while others can cost as much as $90. Apple comes out with a new iPhone (roughly) every July. In order to text there is only the soft qwerty keyboard which can be a pain if you are in a hurry. The iPhone is like a mini-computer in the palm of your hand with, what seems like, infinite capabilities (iPhone 3GS). One of the initial drawbacks of the iPhone is it's lack to multitask meaning that everytime you want to open an app you have to close the one you are in. This drawback is being addressed in OS 4.0 which is due out this summer. Another drawback is that the iPhone is one if the few smartphones that does not support Flash. This may not seem important at the time but does become a nuisance when trying to view a Flash heavy website or online game. Apple is doing it's best to keep Flash off of it's devices. The iPhone also acts as an iPod (with video capabilities) when needed and it uses proprietary extensions meaning that all of your MP3s must be converted to .aac file extensions...this takes time. All iPhones have some sort of flash storage up to 32gb. My collection includes an iPhone 3GS 32gb and my wife has an iPhone 3G 8gb.

Samsung has the Omnia, which I believe is subsidized by Verizon, and these phones are very much like the iPhone in that they have storage space as well (just as much as the iPhone) but they lack available applications. Some offer hard qwerty pads while others are all touch. I have never owned one of these but they pull double duty as media players as well with very nice screens. The Omnia 3 is due out January of next year. Think iPhone without the App Store.

Nokia makes smartphones (N-series) also but Nokia has fallen behind the times and is late with updating it's phone's operating system. They recently switched to the Maemo operating systemwhich currently has very little applications available, less so than Samsung's phones. From what I have seen most Nokia phones are miniature multimedia devices

There are other smartphones out there but in the end it really depends on what capabilities you want, which is sometimes hard to determine if you do not know what is out there.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for a great response... I have been gone and just now saw it. Looks like Droid suites me best.

Falcon