sunglasses compartment stuck???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine has done that several times when I put my sunglasses arms up (facing the back of holder/truck) I had to gently bounce/pound the holder until it shook the sunglasses arms down freeing holder..

-Greg

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Same for me.
When the bounce technique doesn't work, I've been able to pry a corner and open it that way without breaking anything (yet).

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
has happened to me too after some bouncy offroad sessions. First time I ended up getting impatient and put too much muscle into it.... snapped the glasses frame, but my compartment is fine now..... Second time I used "The McManus Method" with better results.

Like Greg alluded, I also suggest always putting in your glasses arms-down-lenses-up.... problem stopped happening to me since I've been doing that.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You all need to stop wearing stunna shades and trying to stuff them in that little compartment...just saying! :) :supergay:

Lmao.

I have a bunch of different sunglasses: Persol, Electric, Ray Ban, Von Zipper, Maui Jim, Oakley, Burberry, Spy, etc etc etc...

If I recall correctly, both times this happened to me it was with WIRE framed glasses and after offroading (at night).

Another thing I do nowadays is leave an empty sunglasses pouch in there all the time... so I can stick the glasses in it before i close the compartment when offroad... Definitely seems to help.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337861139.896294.jpg

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The very first time my wife put her Shred glasses in the compartment they got stuck. I think shes affraid to put them in there now. But I did the same as the others said above.