Rattle in flip open compartment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a small rattle coming from my push button flip open compartment above the glove box. Whatever it’s called lol. I only get the rattle when the door/cover is in the closed position. As soon as you press the button and the door is in the open position the rattle goes away. I can’t drive with it open since all my stuff would fall out. Anyone have this issue and figure out what was causing it. I’d like to not involve the dealer if it’s a simple fix I can do on my own.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure about the name? I was laughing because it seems something is hitting the door or the door is loose and rattles. Have tried to remove all the stuff and drive it with the door closed? Didn’t mean to be disrespectful.
Yea I’m thinking the door is loose and rattles but not sure where. I read somewhere there is a TSB out for it. Was hoping to hear some more about it since TSB’s sometimes list the fix. It rattles with nothing in it also.

It’s never disrespectful and always appreciate the help and a roast if I earned it. I was getting ready to get roasted again. I had a post about the wireless charging cover door that was obviously my fault. Lol

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was getting ready to get roasted again. I had a post about the wireless charging cover door that was obviously my fault. Lol

ha! I remember that post! Gave me a good laugh as I did the same thing as you until the sales man corrected me how to open it hahah!

hmm Not sure about the glove rattle as that too would also drive me nuts...Is there anything on the compartment that you are able to tighten? I wonder if you add some molding tape (3m - Molding tape ) that can be used around the frame a bit to add a bit more thickness when it closes. Perhaps try that!

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ha! I remember that post! Gave me a good laugh as I did the same thing as you until the sales man corrected me how to open it hahah!

hmm Not sure about the glove rattle as that too would also drive me nuts...Is there anything on the compartment that you are able to tighten? I wonder if you add some molding tape (3m - Molding tape ) that can be used around the frame a bit to add a bit more thickness when it closes. Perhaps try that!
Yea I am going to have my gf drive the truck around and I will listen and isolate and see where the rattle is coming from. Its definitely the door. Maybe something on the inside.