Suggestions from Audiophiles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Grayson

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Blown00gt

Thanks, I could get by with something similar but it would need to fit under the smaller side of the split. My seat typically stays up for storing my gear.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the location in the picture? How do you like the black hole tiles?
that is a door. the gen 2 and 3 doors have a lot of space in there. enough for an entire row of tiles. we use 3 boxes of tiles on top of the sound deadening in the doors. if you have the budget the tiles are a huge upgrade in sound deadening your doors. they retail for $330 for a box of 72. so you are looking at $1000 but if you are interested, i can see what i can do. probably save you a good amount if you are doing more sound stuff

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
that is a door. the gen 2 and 3 doors have a lot of space in there. enough for an entire row of tiles. we use 3 boxes of tiles on top of the sound deadening in the doors. if you have the budget the tiles are a huge upgrade in sound deadening your doors. they retail for $330 for a box of 72. so you are looking at $1000 but if you are interested, i can see what i can do. probably save you a good amount if you are doing more sound stuff
bet it weighs less than all the sound deadening I have in there! hahaha

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks?? I guess you didn't read that I have an 800a on order? No B&O, Base 7 speaker audio system.

I did not.....my bad......I assumed it still had the B&O system regardless of the 32 speaker variant or not.

OP
OP
Grayson

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I will probably need 1-2 boxes; as soon as my truck ships I will give you a call.

I will use soundskins or SQLaudio soundmat for the inside and outside of the door but I still have over 100sq foot of Dynamat Xtreme left over from other vehicles that I will use for the rest of the interior and again that's if I can find a subwoofer that has a minimal footprint on the flip side its probably the most difficult to install because of thickness and size of the sheets out of the box. I also wonder if Line-X can be put on top of lizard skin spray on for the fender wells.

Im sure you've heard of an anechoic chamber, even though its impossible by inherent design to seal the truck complete I want to try to something in combination or without the ORCA tiles...staggered Pyramid foam or grooved structure foam if I can find something that doesn't interfere with the window or anything else. Its worth a shot.

I will send you a PM sometime today

hpschrank

Reaction score
Sounds Good Audio in Nashville offers plug and play options for the Raptor. They also have several videos on YT of a Gen 2 build they have done. They do top notch Focal, Mosconi and ARC builds. All come pre tuned and ready to install. Not cheap!

OP
OP
Grayson

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds Good Audio in Nashville offers plug and play options for the Raptor. They also have several videos on YT of a Gen 2 build they have done. They do top notch Focal, Mosconi and ARC builds. All come pre tuned and ready to install. Not cheap!

They aren't cheap nor should they be based on what I have seen on the quality of installation. I've ordered a speaker installation kit from them before I decided to go all out so I need to re-order for 6.5" for the front however I also emailed them a week ago on a plug and play package with focal amp(s) instead of the ARC X2's and have yet to get a response.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did not.....my bad......I assumed it still had the B&O system regardless of the 32 speaker variant or not.

That would be my assumption as well. You still have all the integrations and chimes and play audio through the speakers in the base system too, do you not? Seems like it would be cost effective for Ford to use the same/similar amp for all audio versions for that reason.