Suggestions from Audiophiles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HA...my current truck has Mosconi, Morrel comps, Audiomobile sub and an Arc audio amp...I know my limits.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i only use audiomobile subwoofers in my builds. by far the best sounding sub in the space allotted
Would love to hear it! I went Gately Relentless with his four 8's and the bass if very SPL, if not the most for an underseat. I won't say it's the most SQL but would still put it up there. Had a Sundown Audio SALT-4 on them at .5 so plenty of power. I have a undeseat set-up and a seat-out set-up. Basshead....what can I say.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Normally I upgrade the audio system based on reading and product specs along with space restraints.

I am having a tough time deciding what exactly to install on the 2022 800a I ordered and looking for input.

Front - Focal ES 165 KX2 (2ohm)
Rear - Focal ES 165 K2 (4 ohm)
Quality Amp (depending on final upgrades)
Depending on Amp selection I may need a Kicker Keyloc or similar.

I would like to retain as much rear storage room as possible so I am either considering a behind the rear seat subwoofer or only amplifying the aftermarket replacements for the time being. Suggestions, comments, ideas?
Do not bother replacing the speakers unless you are going to replace the amp. It is a complete waste of money. Plenty of threads on this.

The B&O system can't be upgraded part by part...you have to do it all at one time.

The reason the B&O system sounds so bad at anything above moderate listening levels is the B&O amp and tuning. The amp only has 8 watts pf power per speaker.....lack of power is what kills speakers, not too much power. because of the lack of power, the system distorts or sends square waves to the speakers at any elevated listening levels. So the B&O amp rolls of bass response very rapidly in order to save speakers.

Since the amp is integrated into the CANBUS system, you can't just replace it without using the ZEN A2B interface.

Bottom line......$3,500 minimum to make the system sound any better if you have to pay a shop. $2,500 if you know how to do it yourself. (if you are asking...you probably can't)

If anybody tells you to just replace speakers, or that you can just add an amp to the B&O system...run away...they dont know what they are talking about and you will just be pissing away your money.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do not bother replacing the speakers unless you are going to replace the amp. It is a complete waste of money. Plenty of threads on this.

The B&O system can't be upgraded part by part...you have to do it all at one time.

The reason the B&O system sounds so bad at anything above moderate listening levels is the B&O amp and tuning. The amp only has 8 watts pf power per speaker.....lack of power is what kills speakers, not too much power. because of the lack of power, the system distorts or sends square waves to the speakers at any elevated listening levels. So the B&O amp rolls of bass response very rapidly in order to save speakers.

Since the amp is integrated into the CANBUS system, you can't just replace it without using the ZEN A2B interface.

Bottom line......$3,500 minimum to make the system sound any better if you have to pay a shop. $2,500 if you know how to do it yourself. (if you are asking...you probably can't)

If anybody tells you to just replace speakers, or that you can just add an amp to the B&O system...run away...they dont know what they are talking about and you will just be pissing away your money.
Should have this for a copy and paste...lol.

OP
OP
Grayson

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks?? I guess you didn't read that I have an 800a on order? No B&O, Base 7 speaker audio system.

I didn't ask for any input on how to install, I can take care of it myself. Only ideas or suggestions on a possible solution to a very first world problem of subwoofer in relation to keeping as much storage space as possible. Speakers, amplifier, DSP, sound dampening, etc will be in the $4000 if I do it myself. If I can find a subwoofer(s) suitable to keep the majority of my space then I probably will be in the $6500-$7000 range.

OP
OP
Grayson

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i never recommend subwoofers behind the seat due to lack of clarity and depth of sound. thats your call on that. as far as the sound goes, when we build higher end systems, we use those speakers you mentioned, as well as arc audio amplifiers and a mosconi processor. the processor allows us to fine tune the sound system and make adjustments to each individual speaker, time alignment, frequency and gain adjustment, etc. all comes together to give you the best sound possible. we also gut the truck to put down sound deadening throughout the entire cab and doors. just a few pics of our standard raptor sound systemView attachment 344616

What's the location in the picture? How do you like the black hole tiles?