Sub Upgrade JL $3439 vs Pioneer $339

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajitpal toor

Reaction score
I need expert advise.I want to do the sub upgrade in 2019 raptor 802a package. I had seen couple of thread. here is attach picture for two brand and price difference is $3100

it is really worth it to spend the $3100 more on JL audio if i will get same quality from pioneer or near.
I still need to add the enclosure and labor and some another parts
any another suggestion
thanksJL.png Pioneer.png

autokraftgt

Reaction score
On your first option, what do you need 13 channels and two dsp"s for...I thought it was a subwoofer upgrade??
Same question for the second (cheaper) option?...what do you need two 4 channel amps for??

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah, can you expand on what your goals are? You just looking for a sub/enclosure/amp? Or a full system?

KDAWG97M3

Reaction score
I am looking for just a subwoofer in my 2018 802 package. My buddy did the JL route, but it is pricey..,any options? Thank you

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went the JL XD600 with a 13TW5v2 stealthbox. Sounds great to me. My previous rig had a JL 10” W7 and the 13TW5 doesn’t hit quite as hard but it still rocks and I’m happy with the space tradeoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ajitpal toor

ajitpal toor

Reaction score
yeah, can you expand on what your goals are? You just looking for a sub/enclosure/amp? Or a full system?
In simple word I want to upgrade sub woofer with two 12 inch or two 10 inch in behind the seat enclosure any suggestion.... going on with high price like jl system or low investment like pioneer and amp doesn't matter whatever goes best

thanks for reply

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In simple word I want to upgrade sub woofer with two 12 inch or two 10 inch in behind the seat enclosure any suggestion.... going on with high price like jl system or low investment like pioneer and amp doesn't matter whatever goes best

thanks for reply

Ok, well, for subs, you most likely want to run a single or dual channel amp. Where you want to run two different sized subs (why?) you should run two amps. For subs, you dont worry about sound quality as much, so just get a good quality amp with ratings matching the subs you use.

So really, a pair of single channel amps should do you fine.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IMHO...to do it right, you have to replace it all.....doing it yourself with decent to good equipment....you are looking at $3k to $5K investment. $6k if you have to pay someone to do it.

I have so many other things I want to spend $5k on right now.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score

thanks for reply

Look around on the sub threads already here...for what you say you want, I would look at the Mobile Toys dual enclosure, and then talk to them about what subs work well with it based on what you want to spend over that. Most folks go back with JLs, but you can do whatever you want.

Check this out:

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...nd-the-seat-subwoofer-from-mobile-toys.63587/