Stupid Things People Say About Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was debating on whether I should put this in the compliment or stupid thread, but here goes.

The other day I pull up to subway to get some lunch. Park front row right by the entrance.

I walk in an the kid behind the counter says: "Nice Raptor! Have you done any mods to it yet?"

I kind of turn and glance over my shoulder out the window at my truck.

It looks something like this:

DSC01707.jpg

I turn back around and say, "Well... One or two." hahaha

I then started listing off some of the bigger "hidden" mods I'd done to it.

It was kind of a dumb question, but the kid was cool though and started asking me other, more intelligent, questions about off roading and towing with it, etc....

That first question still floored me though! bwahaha. :crazy:

Haha

Some of the visible mods are done for show
Maybe he tought most was poser

Or the area you life in has more of those lightbars mounted on trucks

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha... Actually, the main truck mods I see around here are chrome and lifts (with huge 33" tires)! Very few with offroad lights, let alone led light bars. I have also yet to see another truck in the area with hood mounts of any kind.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was asked how many gallons of fuel the truck holds.... as if it is going to be significantly more than any other F150 or pick up... not a big deal, but a really odd question IMO

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sheesh, it's taken me 4 days to read through this entire post during my downtime at work (which I have a lot of!!)

Still giggling at a lot of the stuff that people spew without thinking, and mental notes have been taken.

Can't wait to get home next week and pick up my new baby!!

I remember when I was eagerly awaiting the day I picked up mine.. Must have watched a ton of YouTube videos

10JGCSRT8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i posted a pic if my new truck in a JEEP SRT8 group on Facebook and this was the response from a bunch of idiots lol.. uzyra3av.jpgu9a5yhu6.jpgy2egavag.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VA Soldier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parked next to a stock 2013 F150 FX4 in front of local Home Depot. The owner of the FX4 told me that he had a video comparing the two and decided on the FX4 because he wanted an Eco boost and not a diesel. Also told me that the Raptor was built as a rock crawler and he needed something for the desert sand and beaches. My 12 yo son closed his door and said to me "that guy doesn't even know what his own truck can do let alone the raptor, he obviously doesn't know it was born in Baja". The guy said he was going to the outer banks this weekend to drive the beaches' I just told him if see him out there.