Stupid SYNC and its STUPID microphone!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No water leak after the microphone was fixed.

Actually, I might have screwed this one up. I opened the end panel on the dash and saw a disconnected male and female plug there. So I plugged them together thinking it might be the microphone cable connector since it looks like it runs up the passenger side B pillar. When I plugged that connector together my microphone didn't work. I unplugged it and the microphone still doesn't work.

Anyone know if that's what that plug is (I assume it's the stock mirror-mounted microphone)?

Here's a pic of my instrument panel with the right end cover opened. See the orange colored sleeve over the red and green wires and the connector? It's plugged in in this picture. I've since unplugged it but the microphone still doesn't work. I assume it's the stock microphone wire which may have cancelled out the secondary microphone the Ford dealer installed.

IMG_2883.jpg

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try pulling the fuse for SYNC before taking it back to the dealer.

There is a chance it might fix your problem.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try pulling the fuse for SYNC before taking it back to the dealer.

There is a chance it might fix your problem.

Good idea (if only life was as easy as pulling a fuse to fix a problem). You gonna tell me which fuse it is or do I have to do all the work and look it up? :mrgreen: