Stupid SYNC and its STUPID microphone!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
(Begin Rant)

I had the original mic replaced with the "new" mic that "fixes" the issues of the standard one...ya right!!! 2 weeks ago I couldn't use SYNC any longer because no one could hea me. Took the truck in today when the SYNC guy was in.

SYNC; Mic's bad happens all the time, have to replace it.
BS: so this happens a lot? what do I do when it breaks again?
SYNC: Bring it in and replace it.
BS: Soooo what if it isn't on warranty?
SYNC: (dumba$$ look): You have to buy it!!
BS: so the replacement mics don;t work and I have to keep coming in here to have it replaced and when it's not on warranty I have to pay for it. Doesn't sound like much of a fix to me.
SYNC: well that's what Ford said to do

at this point my service advisor who has known me since I was like 10 saw that I was getting upset and the SYNC guy was getting testy stepped in and calmed the situation down...He (service advisor) told me I have recourse if we get to a point where I'm coming in every month to swap out the mic.

I'm not worried about the warranty (100,00 miles) but why would Ford issue a 'fix' if the fix just causes more of a problem??? I'm already pissed that I will have to go for a 4th time to get this problem fixed and I'm given every indication that it's not going to be fixed!!!

(End Rant)

Calling Ford Customer Service now...

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now what is it exactly that this micro phone sync system do for us? Sorry, I never looked into the Sync system....wasn't plan on buying a newer vehicle.

OP
OP
bstoner59

bstoner59

Reaction score
Ford Customer Service said this is the first they have heard of the replacement mic going out...I told them I'll make sure to call them if the next one goes out so they can have 2 complaints then!!

When I get back from this Shanghai trip I need to take mine in - SYNC cannot hear me at all. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Call your Ford dealer and find out the schedule of the "SYNC Guy." My guy has 5-10 dealerships he has to go to everyday so I have to be there at that time. Not sure if you ginormous dealer has a dedicated SYNC Guy or not??

Now what is it exactly that this micro phone sync system do for us? Sorry, I never looked into the Sync system....wasn't plan on buying a newer vehicle.

The mic if for all the voice commands and bluetooth telephone setup...the powers that be here in our great state don't think I can hold my phone and drive. Or they just came up with some crazy law to generate revenue...I'll let you be the judge ;)

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what they changed on the 6.2 mikes? I read somewhere that they addressed this issue by repositioning the microphone.

Falcon

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The mic if for all the voice commands and bluetooth telephone setup...the powers that be here in our great state don't think I can hold my phone and drive. Or they just came up with some crazy law to generate revenue...I'll let you be the judge ;)

OIC.

Ya, it's legal to talk on a phone here but they just passed a law against doing it in a school zone.

OP
OP
bstoner59

bstoner59

Reaction score
I know luck of the draw...my uncle and dad both have f150's my sister has a fusion and my dad has a GT500 all with sync and I hear them as well as when they're on the phone. Every person I talked to since the day I got the truck has complained they can't hear me well and it sounds like I'm far away. At first I switched phones but that did nothing to resolve the issue. The best part is I was driving last night and the sunglasses holder keeps falling out of the roof. Wonder if I can lemon law it for something like this??? Not really serious...well kinda...only after the 5.4 ceases production ;)

OP
OP
bstoner59

bstoner59

Reaction score
My Service Advisor looked into the new Raptors and the mic system. Seems it is a whole new design and Ford won't authorize using the new system as a fix!!! Bunch of BS (huhhuuhhuh I said BS) that they do some halfa$$ fix running a wire from my sunglasses case (that falls down when I takeoff now...thanks) and gluing a huge mic on my roof like a 2 yr old art class project. I'm pissed!!! My service advisor is going to submit an official complaint with his regional guy or something. $45,000 truck with 2 yr old art class fix....I retract my statement on another thread about Ford being better than the 'high end' auto makers.