Stupid SYNC and its STUPID microphone!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dan,
You must speak nice to the ladies if you want them to respond in a good way.
Seriously call the regional rep if your dealer will not take care of you.

Maybe it's not a woman-man thing but a nerdy thing.

025Lady-TalkNerdy-1.jpg

My dealer will take care of it it's just that I'm tired of taking the truck into the dealer especially for this friggin 20 cent microphone. I don't think it's a microphone issue - it's a design or execution issue by the Ford engineers/production staff.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer will take care of it it's just that I'm tired of taking the truck into the dealer especially for this friggin 20 cent microphone. I don't think it's a microphone issue - it's a design or execution issue by the Ford engineers/production staff.

My my my... how quickly we turn... <GG>

Falcon

OP
OP
bstoner59

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Just thought I'd bring this thread back from the dead....microphone is out AGAIN and the 3RD replacement is set to go in on Thursday...think there's a problem yet FORD? Maybe now I can get the microphone all the new Raptors are coming with instead of this crap...ugh

B

Bojangles

wow!!! I'm a 6.2 guy, but mine works perfectly. There was one day where all of the sudden it started completely misinterpreting who I was asking it to call.... the damn thing even accidentally called an ex-girlfriend I want nothing to do with, now a month later I'm still getting unwanted texts from her, but that's a separate issue. When mine started acting funky, i re-did the voice recognition procedure and since then it's been flawless. Sorry to hear about these issues you guys are having. SYNC is such a great system, but it ain't worth much without a working mic. I hope Ford comes up with an acceptable solution for you guys..... poor bstoner.... that sounds like a seriously annoying inconvenience.

FlounderStalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, microphone #3 isn't working any better than either #1 or #2. In fact, I think it's worse than its predecessors. I'm yelling at the thing more than before and I'm having to repeat myself. It absolutely makes using verbal commands a waste of time for me so I'm now using buttons and the touchscreen which is not what I want to do when I'm driving.

This is a real problem and it makes me unhappy.

Does anyone know who I can talk to about this problem (other than my dealer)? I think it's time we escalated this beyond dealers and go to Ford and demand a real fix to what should be a simple solution.

You do speak English, right?

OP
OP
bstoner59

bstoner59

Reaction score
wow!!! I'm a 6.2 guy, but mine works perfectly. There was one day where all of the sudden it started completely misinterpreting who I was asking it to call.... the damn thing even accidentally called an ex-girlfriend I want nothing to do with, now a month later I'm still getting unwanted texts from her, but that's a separate issue. When mine started acting funky, i re-did the voice recognition procedure and since then it's been flawless. Sorry to hear about these issues you guys are having. SYNC is such a great system, but it ain't worth much without a working mic. I hope Ford comes up with an acceptable solution for you guys..... poor bstoner.... that sounds like a seriously annoying inconvenience.

I got one of the first Raptors and all the new ones have a mic with a completely different part number than on mine. Ford doesn't see the need to put the new mic system in my truck just keep replacing the stupid mic in the middle of my roof...BS

OP
OP
bstoner59

bstoner59

Reaction score
We had an actual tech do the work this time and not the SYNC guy. The tech rewired the mic into the system instead of just unplugging the old one and plugging in the new. Not sure if it's going to work but we'll see. Good luck with yours Big D...keep us informed.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe your mics are getting wrecked by water ingress. Dan, didn't you have a leaky truck? Didn't you just wash that garage queen?

Are either of your moonroof's leaking that you can see?