Stupid SYNC and its STUPID microphone!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got the SAME issues with my Raptor. I'm on microphone #3 and it works no better than the original did which wasn't very good at all.

The "fix" looks like they bought the microphone at Radio Shack and glued the thing to the roof liner. If it worked I wouldn't hate it so much but it's still a ****-poor solution to what should be a simple problem to fix.

sid_microphone.jpg

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, microphone #3 isn't working any better than either #1 or #2. In fact, I think it's worse than its predecessors. I'm yelling at the thing more than before and I'm having to repeat myself. It absolutely makes using verbal commands a waste of time for me so I'm now using buttons and the touchscreen which is not what I want to do when I'm driving.

This is a real problem and it makes me unhappy.

Does anyone know who I can talk to about this problem (other than my dealer)? I think it's time we escalated this beyond dealers and go to Ford and demand a real fix to what should be a simple solution.

Explanation-Motivational-Poster.jpg

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure who you could talk to Dan, but I feel for ya. Nothing much is more frustrating that a voice recognition system that can't understand you.

Falcon

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think she's still pissed at me for swearing at her a few weeks ago. Ever since then she conveniently isn't responding (she says she's listening but she only says that in text). I'll stop here so I don't get in trouble by making jokes about communication between women and men...

Raptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you guys gone thru the voice recognition training? Seriously it is in the Sync manual. It really makes a difference. Good luck

Raptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan,
You must speak nice to the ladies if you want them to respond in a good way.
Seriously call the regional rep if your dealer will not take care of you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter