Storage Solution Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the rear seats are in the up position, is a commercial product available that is strong enough to hold luggage approximately 12” below the roof? It should be long enough to span between the two rear doors. Please refer to the attached picture and note the red arrow above the dogs head. The space above the arrow is where I want the ability to place luggage. When I am driving, my dog is always in the rear passenger compartment and the area above the red arrow is dead space that I would like to use. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• FB8BBB59-4579-4EC2-84DD-E1DD2E4AF0FE.jpeg
    FB8BBB59-4579-4EC2-84DD-E1DD2E4AF0FE.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 65

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why not just build a box of sort on the floor the dog can stand on? Seems like it would be easier, and retain visibility. Dog can see better too.

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Elevating the dog with storage under would be the way to go as others have said. Or the small bed tool box route that's lockable would be even better.

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Problem with a box on the floor is, it will increase the distance for the dog to jump onto the ground. Malinois are athletic and can easily do it, but like humans, the more they jump, the more wear and tear on the body. My dog is a combat assault dog and gets enough wear and tear in training and real work. I do not want to shorten his workable life. I will be getting a young imported Malinois in June and I also want to save his joints.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry I cant help this one. did you ever think of putting it in the bed?

I know I assume that the bed is full of other things thats why your asking.

I wouldn't think anything is made for that just for legal reasons. it could possibly fly forward in a sudden stop. there are cargo racks and other things that utilize the stake pockets and racks that you could use or even Thule roof rack with luggage holder. far safer than having things poosibly flying forward and hitting you.

I guess you could use some lumber to make legs and use plywood for the top..

good luck with the project and your decision

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry I cant help this one. did you ever think of putting it in the bed?

I know I assume that the bed is full of other things thats why your asking.

I wouldn't think anything is made for that just for legal reasons. it could possibly fly forward in a sudden stop. there are cargo racks and other things that utilize the stake pockets and racks that you could use or even Thule roof rack with luggage holder. far safer than having things poosibly flying forward and hitting you.

I guess you could use some lumber to make legs and use plywood for the top..

good luck with the project and your decision
Thanks for the suggestion, but in hot weather the bed is not an option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chief Bo