Stock Wheels and aftermarket UCA's

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

So I have been researching wheel spacers, looking for 6x135 hub centric 6mm and finding nothing. I am finding on eBay the universal ones that look like they would have slop and concerned how cheap they are, I am sure they are garbage.

Any 1/4"-6mm spacers out there that is recommended, even though spacers aren't actually recommended to begin with?

EDIT: Found this. Anyone use this one or one like it?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-LUG-WHEEL...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2592d4d3a3

Last edited by a moderator:

Juncle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have been researching wheel spacers, looking for 6x135 hub centric 6mm and finding nothing. I am finding on eBay the universal ones that look like they would have slop and concerned how cheap they are, I am sure they are garbage.

Any 1/4"-6mm spacers out there that is recommended, even though spacers aren't actually recommended to begin with?

Couple of other threads talking about this - not really an answer but

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f233/svc-1-5-upper-control-arm-32475/#post647780

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/upper-control-arm-clearance-question-35861/

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the SVC post I see this >> "We will be offering a 1/4 inch spacer for the front, this does not effect reliability or the studs because the spacers are so small and just enough to keep the wheels from rubbing! The stance difference is nearly unnoticable

-Jeff"

Buster096

Reaction score
I just put the autozone special 1/4" wheel spacers on my f150 to clear my heim steering and I don't see how they could fail. It's stuck in between the rim and the rotor and the lugs keep it all tight together. It's like a big washer over the lugs.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

I just put the autozone special 1/4" wheel spacers on my f150 to clear my heim steering and I don't see how they could fail. It's stuck in between the rim and the rotor and the lugs keep it all tight together. It's like a big washer over the lugs.

Part number?

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

In the SVC post I see this >> "We will be offering a 1/4 inch spacer for the front, this does not effect reliability or the studs because the spacers are so small and just enough to keep the wheels from rubbing! The stance difference is nearly unnoticable

-Jeff"

Yes, I contacted Jeff last night and was asking about it. He hasn't shipped my skid plate yet and wanted to bundle this with it. He said he doesn't have any cut. Sounds like they custom made them. I asked if they fit tight around the wheel hub / hub centric and he said he is checking and will let me know. I figure if that works, I can go ahead and get my steering knuckles and UCA installed and put the spacers on at a later time?

Buster096

Reaction score
I got these. The holes didn't line up perfectly so I had to drill out a couple of them to get them over the lugs.

image.jpg

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would highly suggest against spacers the fail rate is high with them. If anything get bolt on spacers with extended bolts.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

I would highly suggest against spacers the fail rate is high with them. If anything get bolt on spacers with extended bolts.
@oxfordraptor
All the version of those type of spacers I have found are in excess of 1.5" or greater. I am only needing a spacer of 1/4" or 6mm. Can you provide information of a bolt-on spacer as you state with less than 1/2"?

Also curious, the fail rate, what exactly fails?

Last edited by a moderator:

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@oxfordraptor
All the version of those type of spacers I have found are in excess of 1.5" or greater. I am only needing a spacer of 1/4" or 6mm. Can you provide information of a bolt-on spacer as you state with less than 1/2"?

Also curious, the fail rate, what exactly fails?

Ok so let me back up a second. I own a 350Z and a lot of guys run spacers and have issues with studs snapping with the weight pushed further out. All I know is when I am in the air I do not want to worry about something like that snapping off. Just food for thought. Sorry I haven't looked at spacers at all.

Wheel Spacers, Baaadd!!!!!!! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Ok so let me back up a second. I own a 350Z and a lot of guys run spacers and have issues with studs snapping with the weight pushed further out. All I know is when I am in the air I do not want to worry about something like that snapping off. Just food for thought. Sorry I haven't looked at spacers at all.

Wheel Spacers, Baaadd!!!!!!! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Yeah they are talking about large spacers. I think the problems are with those type that bolt on using the existing and provide you a new set of bolts for your lug nuts. I cannot imagine how that would ever be a good thing so not sure why that would even be recommended.

From my research the universal ones are not the best either as if it doesn't fit tight on the hub, the weight is put on the bolts. I am thinking if SVC is custom making them for the raptor, then perhaps it will be a nice snug fit and be the best route to take. Just waiting on Jeff to get back with me....