Stock system is so quiet!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I got my truck last month and haven't really had much time to be on here with works and life, but I absolutely love the truck. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it! The ONLY complaint, as I'm sure a lot of you know, is the stock sound system.

I came from a 2008 Ford Edge where I just replaced the speakers, using the stock amp, and it made a world of difference and I could bust eardrums with cranking the speakers up, and barely ever turned it up past half volume. With this system even if I turn it up basically all the way I don't get anywhere near the same volume.

I replaced the speakers with some component kickers in the front door and some rockford fosgates in the back. This setup was what I used on my Edge and it worked great but it's not doing it with the Raptor. Is there anything I can do either within the MyFord Touch system or my phone to increase the volume, so I don't have to rip out the amp and upgrade everything??

I did some searching and couldn't really find the answer I was looking for... is this a lost cause without dumping a lot of money into a sound system?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was waiting, i mean, i dont want to give the impression that im stalking the forum.......

unfortunately the auto eq in our trucks are horrible. the only way to eliminate the problem is with a processor of some sort.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which stock setup do you have? Do you have the factory sub?

If you don't have the factory sub Kicker makes a simple setup that adds a powered sub and a DSP amp to power the speakers. If you have the factory upgraded unit you will have much more work to get more output.

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah we do

I have a 2014 with 800a and I HATE the shit sound

what upgrades are available? I switched the front speakers and it still sounds awful

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah we do

I have a 2014 with 800a and I HATE the shit sound

what upgrades are available? I switched the front speakers and it still sounds awful
thats because the source is the problem. there are options available, but it does cost a bit.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

We need to sticky a thread with some basic audio upgrades...

I volunteer Noah to write it up :rofl:
gee.... thanks. hahaha. i guess i can come up with something. however a non 801a truck would be helpful so i can connect my rta to it and do both types of systems.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did this stupid little mod to the sub and it ties me over .... For now. I have to channel my inner Noah for the big jobs.

epuqy7uj.jpg

uba3e9ug.jpg

ygu5ereb.jpg

ujepa9a7.jpg

tu4y6ube.jpg

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Yea I should have been more specific. I have the 801a system with the nav and all the goodies. I'm just amazed they have it so screwed up that not even upgrading speakers will help. I'm not looking to drop too much cash right now because it works well enough to tolerate, but would a sound processor be something I could wire in line to the existing system or is that something that needs to be done with something like an aftermarket amp?

Interesting side note, I have an LG G2 with RocketPlayer for my music and it has a setting for preamp that I moved up from 1/2 to about 3/4 that seemed to help a noticeable amount. Is there anything that can be done along the lines of software before tearing apart the actual system?