Stock lug nut - chrome cap issue

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased black Gorilla locks (76604NBC I think are the correct ones) to go with the Gorilla lug nuts. Not for off-road runs of course.

My tire guy hooked me up with the locks (76601NBC - 14X2) when I bought the lugs. Total bill was $86 ($55 for lugs, $24.99 for locks + tax)

I never had locks before... why would you not want to use them on off-road runs?

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Figured it would be easier to change flats with regular lugs nuts then locking ones if you are in lots of mud and grime. I could be wrong, never tried to change any muddy wheels, usually just snow and ice. Lol

The Juggernaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tire guy hooked me up with the locks (76601NBC - 14X2) when I bought the lugs. Total bill was $86 ($55 for lugs, $24.99 for locks + tax)

I never had locks before... why would you not want to use them on off-road runs?

Hate to bump a 6 month old thread, but do you have pictures of the lugs w/ the locking lugs? Curious to how they look. Is it a noticeable difference?

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here are a couple shots of the 76601NBC I just put on Monday. The other lugs are crappy, and already rusting Protech Splined Lug nuts that came with the Methods when I bought them. Eventually going to replace them with Gorilla lug nuts as well.
12110-gorilla-locks.jpg

12111-gorilla-locks.jpg