Stock leaf springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Supercab with 1150 miles on it. I have a stage 3 RPG spring and bump stop kit I am going to install. I will be selling the stock springs. Where are you located?

pickles1298

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Treypal has mine, I left them on his trailer..if you PM him you can have them for free just pay the shipping price. tell him pickles sent ya.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI, shipping stock springs cost about $80 per spring.

Best if you find someone who installed an aftermarket set who lives close to you.

What you want a stock set for?

Yukon Joe
GLRE Support Raptor
WWW.RUNRAPTORRUN.COM

OP
OP
carbonfiberunderpants
Reaction score
Man, that much huh? I guess they are pretty heavy to ship...I'm looking for a set for kind of an experiment to get me by until I can afford to pony up for a set of Nationals or Deavers. I recently installed a RPG stage 2 kit on my truck (which blew my budget for a while), and with the stock springs you need to run longer impact pads on the air bumps. Well with those installed i have so little up travel I smack the bumpstops all the time coming in and out of my driveway and whatnot, and especially when I have anything in the bed. So I did some measuring to try and figure out exactly why you needed that extended pad with the stock leaf springs and not with aftermarket ones. It looked to me like the reason you would need to limit the up travel is because the stock springs would smack the RPG brace at full compression, with the stock bumpstop pad on the axle smacking the frame like .5" later. So I figured what I could do is add a leaf to my existing pack, then remove the stock leaf block and replace it with a stock F150 block or something even shorter. This would (hopefully) net me the same ride height as stock but have the top of the spring pack be about 1.5" lower and the bumpstop pad gone. That way I could run the shorter pads on the air bumps but not have to worry about damaging anything at full compression. So I started researching what add-a-leaf to buy, and everyone was talking about the replacement leaf being thicker than the stock leaves or having a way different arch or whatnot. So it occurred to me that I should be able to buy a factory leaf pack, take it apart, and with a bit of doing use one of the stock leaves as sort of a factory add-a-leaf. It would be the same width, I could cut it to whatever length I needed (within reason, obviously), and it would be the exact same arch and spring rate as the rest of the pack. I figured if I could do that for a couple hundred bucks or less it would be worth it, and it would buy me a few months until I can get a whole new leaf pack. Thats what i was thinking, anyway. Am I crazy?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, not crazy. A few guys have gone the add a leaf route and have been happy (from what I can tell). Sounds like a lot of work, so you may want to look into a spring shop.

There are a lot of stock springs out there, keep looking and bumping this thread (no pun intended).

Yukon Joe
GLRE Support Raptor
WWW.RUNRAPTORRUN.COM

circafwsk8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a set of leafs bought them for my truck come to find out i have the same ones. whoops. pm me i have no need for them anymore