Still waiting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

9sword

Reaction score
I ordered my Raptor January 25, 2012. It was built April 2nd and I was given an ETA of April 16th. Guess what it's the evening of April 17th and no Raptor. I sold my only vehicle a 2005 FX4 with a Rousch supercharger on April15th and the new owner is picking it up tomorrow morning April 18th. It's a little cold riding my Harley to work at 5:30 am, especially when it's raining. My Raptor was released for shipping April 11th, left by rail and arrived in Joliet IL April 15th, where I'm told the train broke down. In the last three days, my truck has moved by rail from Joliet, to West Chicago, to Bensenville. These are all suburbs of Chicago, so my Raptor is getting the grand tour of the Chicago suburbs. I have called both my dealer and the SVT number and when I will see my Raptor is anybody's guess. For the $995 destination and delivery charge you would think Ford could ship a truck from Dearborn MI to St. Paul MN. within a couple of weeks. I'm going to try and get someone from Ford Motor to give me a rational explanation, but I'm won't hold my breath.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No use getting upset---it will get there when it gets there. It sucks when you think something is going to be in your driveway and there is just a blank spot.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have thought about selling mine and getting a 2013. Just might do it...

RAPTILE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this probably won't make you feel any better, but I'll tell you and any other future Raptor owner that yours is probably not the longest wait endured.

For instance, I gave Ford my down payment on 2 February 2010 and did not take delivery of my Raptor till 23 September, that's almost an 8 month wait! Shit, you could almost have a baby in that amount of time!

While waiting for mine to arrive, I also had to rely on less than optimal transportation. My transfer case in my old Durango blew up, so for two months i was forced to rent a car and was driving around in a friggin' cheap assed little ford focus while I continued to wait for my can-o-whoop-ass.

When the day finally arrived and I got my truck, all my stress, anger and disappointment disappeared - for good!

I know that there are many more out there who have suffered like you and me, so I just want to welcome you to the club by assuring you that even with all the frustration, the long wait is well worth the reward, so hang in there:waytogo:

UniqueOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you have to wait? There are a lot of brand new Raptors on delaers' lot. The price is not bad neither. I paid $1,500 over invoice. Some dealer can even get a new Raptor for you within 48 hours.

OP
OP

9sword

Reaction score
Why do you have to wait? There are a lot of brand new Raptors on delaers' lot. The price is not bad neither. I paid $1,500 over invoice. Some dealer can even get a new Raptor for you within 48 hours.

I have never paid invoice or over for a truck. On the Raptor I ordered, I got it for $4000 under invoice. I think it's a rip off by the dealers to charge over invoice and it's a game that the dealers and Ford Motor Company play by making buyers wait when one if ordered.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Under invoice? You are lucky a lucky ass!! I wouldn't mind waiting an extra month if I got that deal...