Steering wheel heat issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdave18629

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have turned off the seat and steering wheel heat in the remote start menu but my steering wheel heat still turns on when remote starting. Is there a setting somewhere else that I am missing?

My dang seat heater is out at only 8k miles. Had the dealer fix a loose seat cover and now that doesn't work. Not much of an issue for me, but when I have it fixed under warranty I need to know if I should have them look into the wheel as well.

Thanks

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it set to ‘automatic’ or ‘previous settings’ in the menu?

OP
OP
bigdave18629

bigdave18629

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going back to revisit this, does anyone know what the "system" check box does in the remote start menu? I am set to the last setting, with the seat and wheel turned off, but the system box is checked. I have been through the manual and can't seem to find a reference to that box. Could this be what is causing the wheel heat to come on?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Typically “system” means the entire feature, so disabling it would disable remote start entirely.

D

Deleted member 17706

So I have mine set up for last setting on remote start. But when the weather is cold, my heated steering wheel comes on along with heated seats even though I know I did not leave such features on when I got out of the vehicle. So is it possible that the weather dictates it?

OP
OP
bigdave18629

bigdave18629

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typically “system” means the entire feature, so disabling it would disable remote start entirely.
I will test that, but most of the on or off functionality is pretty straight forward in the menu. system is also listed as the 3rd option in the menu tree which is not normally where the on off function would be.

It seems to tied to the outside temperature, but I have the wheel turned off in every option I can find.

OP
OP
bigdave18629

bigdave18629

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have mine set up for last setting on remote start. But when the weather is cold, my heated steering wheel comes on along with heated seats even though I know I did not leave such features on when I got out of the vehicle. So is it possible that the weather dictates it?

I did find the option to turn them off, my seat no longer comes on (not that it works anyway) but the wheel still does. Not the end of the world, but frustrating.

Thanks for the input all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter