Steering wheel button issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
had mine replaced by dealer under warranty 2yrs ago, it works every now and then.

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a master reset and also updated my sync software. Hadn't been updated since it left the factory. Now on V4.4 the button issue seems to be ok for now.

New problem though, I always leave the media on Bluetooth. On V3.1 after start up it would automatically choose Bluetooth and autoplay off my phone. I like than. Now the media defaults to Aux In and not Bluetooth. However it still auto plays my phone but the truck is on the wrong input. If I don't pause it ends up killing my phone battery after a while.

BAD454SS

Banned
Reaction score
Had my volume buttons replaced last week along with a new rear camera. Mechanic said button was sticking , causing the other buttons to get mixed up , seems to be working fine. Replaced under warranty . Camera got messed up after a heavy rain . Image was reversed, that will screw you up when trying park had to rely on my mirrors again . Also updated my sync it was still orignal version from 5 years ago.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2014 Raptor has been doing this off and on for the last 6 months. Drives me crazy.

I cannot stand the MS Gui we have for our Nav radios as I have gone on record saying it's the worst layout I have ever seen for Nav...totally inflexible, and really embarrassing compared to say GM or Nissan/Infiniti.

Anyway, would love for a permanent fix here that did not involve me spending a dime for a $60,000 truck that can't properly change radio stations ;-)

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep after master reset the issue came back. Volume up changes track playing and skips forward

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2014 Raptor has been doing this off and on for the last 6 months. Drives me crazy...

Hi bosssho,

I received your PM about this and sent you a reply. I'll get this pushed up the line so your regional customer service manager can help.

Yep after master reset the issue came back. Volume up changes track playing and skips forward

Hi jschell1309,

Sounds like it's time for your dealer to check out your steering wheel controls. How many miles are on your Raptor?

Crystal

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi bosssho,

Hi jschell1309,

Sounds like it's time for your dealer to check out your steering wheel controls. How many miles are on your Raptor?

Crystal

Just about to roll over to 60,000. I purchased used from a Ford dealer about 5k miles ago and have extended warranty for another 50k miles. Just confirmed again today. Volume down button changes volume up, volume up button skips track forward.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just about to roll over to 60,000. I purchased used from a Ford dealer about 5k miles ago and have extended warranty for another 50k miles. Just confirmed again today. Volume down button changes volume up, volume up button skips track forward.

Give me a shout once you've received a diagnosis from your dealer, jschell1309. After they've taken a look, I'll be able to get this into the hands of your regional customer service manager.

Crystal

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give me a shout once you've received a diagnosis from your dealer, jschell1309. After they've taken a look, I'll be able to get this into the hands of your regional customer service manager.

Crystal

Just sent you a follow up PM on this and the other bullet pointed nightmare w/my local Ford dealer.

Gotta love when the first question out of the service rep's mouth is did you buy the truck here...like that matters. ;-)