Steering wheel button issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same issues on my 2010 sync nab. Happens so often I just go for the radio to change things now. Subscribed for a fix. Will try the master reset tomorrow.

@thunder, got a part number for the buttons you swapped that fixed it?

thunder

Reaction score
For my 2012, the number on Rockauto was Motorcraft SW6879. AL3Z9C888AA. Just do search for part number SW6879 and it should come up. Cost 19.08 plus shipping, etc.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Noah, for a guy that is usually extremely helpful, that may have been your least helpful comment to date lol. For real though, with your above average knowledge on the stock system and modifications related, have you encountered/ solved this problem?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noah, for a guy that is usually extremely helpful, that may have been your least helpful comment to date lol. For real though, with your above average knowledge on the stock system and modifications related, have you encountered/ solved this problem?
haha. no. theres some sort of glitch with swc. i cant explain it, nor have i been able to figure it out. it just does it randomly.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some seem to do it more regularly than others, mine does it often, so much so that I don't use them anymore.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
although the issue is the swc, they are different. op has an issue where volume up changed preset. my volume up changed source. another had a track up that changed volume. my thought would be the values are too close and they are sending the signal that is being picked up as different

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
although the issue is the swc, they are different. op has an issue where volume up changed preset. my volume up changed source. another had a track up that changed volume. my thought would be the values are too close and they are sending the signal that is being picked up as different

Mine has done all three of those things.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
master reset is no dice.

Interesting. I have a feeling I'll be doing the same thing. I have the esp warranty but 20 bucks is less than the deductible at 50. Fordivteam any chance you can call a dealer and hook a bother up to try it out?

No I don't have the Nav.

Same issues on my 2010 sync nab. Happens so often I just go for the radio to change things now. Subscribed for a fix. Will try the master reset tomorrow.

@thunder, got a part number for the buttons you swapped that fixed it?

ajstar89, daddycreswell, and jschell1309,

The steering wheels controls are not directly connected to SYNC. I suggested a master reset because it has fixed some issues in the past. If you continue to have this concern, please reach out to my colleagues in the Customer Care Division: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/members/fordservice/

Shaay

OP
OP
ajstar89

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ajstar89, daddycreswell, and jschell1309,

The steering wheels controls are not directly connected to SYNC. I suggested a master reset because it has fixed some issues in the past. If you continue to have this concern, please reach out to my colleagues in the Customer Care Division: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/members/fordservice/

Shaay

master reset is no dice.

Ya tried that... Didn't work. It's a Microsoft OS we can only expect so much from a restart. The master reset did make me lose the phone syncing, and then the next master reset I lost the music controls on the sync screen and on the third one it was better but the buttons still didn't work.