Steering wheel button issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
My volume button on the steering wheel is now changing the station preset, instead of the volume off and on getting worse.

It's a 2013 with the sync nav. Any else had this issue or know how to resolve it? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys,
My volume button on the steering wheel is now changing the station preset, instead of the volume off and on getting worse.

It's a 2013 with the sync nav. Any else had this issue or know how to resolve it? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Mine does that from time to time, I just thought I had fat fingers, maybe not. If mine keeps it up I guess I'll stop by the local ford.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hi ajstar89,

I can help! Have you tried a master reset: Master Reset | SYNC Help Video | Official Ford Owner Site

Mine does that from time to time, I just thought I had fat fingers, maybe not. If mine keeps it up I guess I'll stop by the local ford.

daddycreswell,

Do you have the same system as ajstar89? If so, have you tried the reset?

Let me know, and I'll assist.

Shaay

thunder

Reaction score
I had the same problem and took it to the dealer 3 times and they said they couldn't get it to act up. I call the customer service number and they contacted the dealership and still said they couldn't do nothing for me. I bought the steering wheel switch for $20 and it fixed the problem.

OP
OP
ajstar89

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I have a feeling I'll be doing the same thing. I have the esp warranty but 20 bucks is less than the deductible at 50. Fordivteam any chance you can call a dealer and hook a bother up to try it out?