Steering loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krahe3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have about 7000 miles on my Raptor. I have no suspension, engine, or tire/wheel mods done. I was driving into work today 17 miles on the highway, pulled off the exit drove one mile, then turned left to a side road, climbed a small incline, as I went to make the left turn onto another side road the steering seemed to bind and lock up, then the low oil pressure warning came up on the MSG center. I was able to drive straight off the road. Shut the ignition off then started it back up and worked fine. It worked fine for the return trip home.

When the warning msg came on, my oil pressure gauge was still reading in the good. Not sure what the hell happened. Don't want to call the dealer with an issue if it only happened once and no certain action causes this malfunction.

Anyone else have this happen?

DylanICON

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My truck is at the dealer right now with 2500 miles on it. Complete loss of power steering due to pump failure. I first noticed steering feedback and pump wine in the first 10 miles off road and burnt fluid.

Many people have had this problem. I suspect there will be a recall.

If there isn’t my company is prepared to design and offer a steering system upgrade

Highroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have about 7000 miles on my Raptor. I have no suspension, engine, or tire/wheel mods done. I was driving into work today 17 miles on the highway, pulled off the exit drove one mile, then turned left to a side road, climbed a small incline, as I went to make the left turn onto another side road the steering seemed to bind and lock up, then the low oil pressure warning came up on the MSG center. I was able to drive straight off the road. Shut the ignition off then started it back up and worked fine. It worked fine for the return trip home.

When the warning msg came on, my oil pressure gauge was still reading in the good. Not sure what the hell happened. Don't want to call the dealer with an issue if it only happened once and no certain action causes this malfunction.

Anyone else have this happen?

Sounds as if the Steering pump bound up causing a load on the motor, causing a loss of oil pressure, due to low rpms. Did you notice the motor studdering during the turn and steering bind?

OP
OP
Krahe3

Krahe3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds as if the Steering pump bound up causing a load on the motor, causing a loss of oil pressure, due to low rpms. Did you notice the motor studdering during the turn and steering bind?

I didn't notice any engine change at all, plus the gauge was still reading G2G.

It has not happened since, but I will admit I am a little more aware just rolling down the road.

I would be able to justify if I was driving hard off road, but just on the highway with only three hard turns shouldn't heat the pump up that much to create an issue.