Steering issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Any advice would be great, my 2013 Raptor steering jerks during high speed turns if I encounter a crack in the road or pothole. When it happens the steering wheel jerks violently in the direction of the turn. I have tried to look this up online and cannot seem to find anything on this subject.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any advice would be great, my 2013 Raptor steering jerks during high speed turns if I encounter a crack in the road or pothole. When it happens the steering wheel jerks violently in the direction of the turn. I have tried to look this up online and cannot seem to find anything on this subject.
few things as im at this moment pulling my steering rack. check the wheel hubs, tie rods and steering rack. if you want to give me a call, i can explain what to look for, as i have been learning about this as im doing repairs. (831) 254-7562. too much to type

noah

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the alignment and add a heavy duty cam kit from SPC https://www.spcalignment.com/compon...=F-150&year=2004 - 2014&from=USAFrom&to=USATo

My 2014 pulled right all the time and jumped right when I hit bumps, cracks, etc. Turned out there was an HD cam kit on one side but not the other (previous front right wreck must have replaced things but not the kit).

Could be the issue, but may not be. Worth getting regardless as the F150 is notorious for having weak cam adjusters.

You will need one for each side, unless you’re like me and luck out that there was already at least one there.

Hopefully that’s your problem since it’s a cheap and easy fix. Best Luck!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Start by jacking the front of the truck up and let the wheels hang down, don't support the lower control arms, you can do one side at a time, move the wheel back and forth, up and down with your hands or a 2x4 for leverage, look for loose items. Report back or phone Noah.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Start by jacking the front of the truck up and let the wheels hang down, don't support the lower control arms, you can do one side at a time, move the wheel back and forth, up and down with your hands or a 2x4 for leverage, look for loose items. Report back or phone Noah.
HA! i think i got it all done now. might need lower ball joints soon, but the new tie rods i think did the trick. i also found an adjustment for the steering wheel. i was able to tighten it up so it feels a lot firmer

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HA! i think i got it all done now. might need lower ball joints soon, but the new tie rods i think did the trick. i also found an adjustment for the steering wheel. i was able to tighten it up so it feels a lot firmer

Make sure not to tight and lock up the stearing wheel . I heard of it happening. Worn area where you normally drive . Take up lash and stearing locks in turn because
It's not worn in those areas

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure not to tight and lock up the stearing wheel . I heard of it happening. Worn area where you normally drive . Take up lash and stearing locks in turn because
It's not worn in those areas
i did make it a little too tight the first time. the first turn the wheel did not return all the way as normal, so i backed off half a turn. its perfect now