Stealth Black Raptor R initial thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robl3577

Reaction score
List the model number here to help others...also post pics and thoughts once installed.
On my order form for the Banks it says model 64310. Its stuffed up under the dash so picture isn't really going to help you. You don't see any part of it. It's not something you have to mount for access. You control it by bluetooth with your phone.

My earlier comment about mileage was a bit tongue in cheek. The baby rap has been in the shop for the last week and a half so I've been driving the big R every day and it is a slight annoyance stopping more often to fill up, but I never really planned to drive it every day as I'm typically doing 50-75 miles.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
On my order form for the Banks it says model 64310. Its stuffed up under the dash so picture isn't really going to help you. You don't see any part of it. It's not something you have to mount for access. You control it by bluetooth with your phone.

My earlier comment about mileage was a bit tongue in cheek. The baby rap has been in the shop for the last week and a half so I've been driving the big R every day and it is a slight annoyance stopping more often to fill up, but I never really planned to drive it every day as I'm typically doing 50-75 miles.
Appreciate part number. So did it help in your mind on the 'sluggish' factor at low end?

PS - There is a 64310 and a 64310-C...assume 64310?

robl3577

Reaction score
Appreciate part number. So did it help in your mind on the 'sluggish' factor at low end?

PS - There is a 64310 and a 64310-C...assume 64310?
No question about it. There are more settings than you will ever use. Everything from eco which is more sluggish than stock to track mode which will jump out of your pants when you touch the pedal and a plethora in between.
I would call them or email to verify the part number.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man, oh man, I must drive like a sister on her way to mass on Sunday, but I installed a pedal commander on one of my Gen2s and I thought it was a POS.

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting to hear this feedback about the R - I'd be curious to hear more impressions from people using them as a daily. The fuel range is a really big negative in my eyes.

The wrap looks killer - beautiful truck!

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stealth wrap looks pretty good on the Black color.

I debated with getting an R for a while and sometimes I still do, but your two points are exactly why I still have my EB. Unless you're flooring it all the time, the R is just another Raptor with good exhaust notes.

And the range...currently I'm averaging 16 mpg which gives me over 550 miles of range. That is bonkers and something I don't want to let go. So, I think the EB will stay with me for a while, maybe do a Stage 2 at some point and get a bit more power.
A tuned 3.5HO is essentially in the 550hp/600tq range @ the crank…is it 700hp/650tq? Obviously not, but as others have stated how often are you gonna use that extra HP on the street in a giant ass truck on 37”s??!

That being said….if we were back in the Trump era w/ $1.87/gallon fuel, 0% rates from the manufacturers, & MSRP pricing….Raptor-R may be the best DD possible (aside from the MPG lol)

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That being said….if we were back in the Trump era w/ $1.87/gallon fuel, 0% rates from the manufacturers, & MSRP pricing….Raptor-R may be the best DD possible (aside from the MPG lol)
I agree wholeheartedly with BadgerTits here......

........ I never knew I wanted to always say that until now. :oops::laughing1:

tk3

Reaction score
Set the R button to sport and any other settings you want to keep. Press it twice every time you drive it and it sure ain’t ”sluggish”