Stay away from 2017s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mj1anderson

Reaction score
I personally know 3 EARLY 2017 raptor owners (myself included) Well over 100,000 miles between us, and not a single issue or problem. My biggest gripe is that my KO2's only lasted 32,000 miles
Kait you put on same ko2 or something different?
I'm up for new tires this fall and haven't decided what to do yet.
I like the Ridge Grappler's and the km3 as well...
Thanks

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My issues were all electrical related. Not mechanical. Fluid was clean and clear. No mechanical damage. They replaced valve bodies, crontrol units and complete transmissions. Kept having issues.

In that case they misdiagnosed a circuitry fault. The Transmission Control Module (TCM) is a possible root cause, but not likely. Most likely was a circuitry issue between the TCM and the transmission that the dealer technician misdiagnosed. A single chaffed circuit will wreak havoc on operation; multiple circuit faults will only complicate the issue.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kait you put on same ko2 or something different?
I'm up for new tires this fall and haven't decided what to do yet.
I like the Ridge Grappler's and the km3 as well...
Thanks

I went with Nitto Terra grapplers G2 because my tire guy said they last 50,000 miles

All good, ride very similar to KO2's . But mpg went down by 1 mpg. I couldnt figure it out because discount tire said they were about the same weight as the KO2's. But the a different website said they were a bit heavier. So thats probably correct. They look good and ride good, just bad mpg

Ray Knight

Reaction score
In that case they misdiagnosed a circuitry fault. The Transmission Control Module (TCM) is a possible root cause, but not likely. Most likely was a circuitry issue between the TCM and the transmission that the dealer technician misdiagnosed. A single chaffed circuit will wreak havoc on operation; multiple circuit faults will only complicate the issue.
That is one of the things they replaced actually.

Ray Knight

Reaction score
Stock kO2s they worked great so stayed with the same
Ko2s are probably the best mix of good ride, handling, quiet road noise and off road grip. Pretty durable too. I don't think there is really anything better right now. The only thing i have against the Ko2 is rain. They just don't grip well in rain. Otherwise what an awesome tire. They come in many different load ranges too. I also have them on my Roush F250 and they are great in the high load range version too.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have a '17 with under 20k miles. It has been a great truck. Got a '20 and still working on getting all mods done....I am slow.

No issue with a good solid '17. I have had some minor issues, but all corrected by local dealer. Right front axle boot, right rear window switch, sunroof glass bracket, master brake cylinder. Nothing with engine or tranmission.

Bought a '20 only cause loved truck so much that I wanted a new one before retirement. Going to sell the '17 in August. Find a good used one-owner with all the maintenance records.

Good luck.