Startup Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vazo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Just picked up my 2018 on Saturday.

I noticed that when I start the truck using my key fob or ford app and I go into the truck and hit the start button the heated seats and heated steering wheel are automatically on.

Is there a way to disable that?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have 802A with the productivity screen, scroll all the way to the right to Advanced > Remote Start > Climate Control or something like that. There's an option for turning Seats and Wheel on or off.

OP
OP
V

vazo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have 802A with the productivity screen, scroll all the way to the right to Advanced > Remote Start > Climate Control or something like that. There's an option for turning Seats and Wheel on or off.
Thanks ... I'll check it out

OP
OP
V

vazo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the settings referred to above and turned them off. But now when I remote start the seat warmers do not go on but the steering wheel heat still goes on. Is this by design or possibly controlled by the outside temperature?

Anyone else notice this issue or is it me doing something wrong?

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I found the settings referred to above and turned them off. But now when I remote start the seat warmers do not go on but the steering wheel heat still goes on. Is this by design or possibly controlled by the outside temperature?

Anyone else notice this issue or is it me doing something wrong?

Mine does the same.

OP
OP
V

vazo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it because of the outside temperature?

TheCzar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine turn on based on outside temp. today it wasn't that cold, so my seats were off, but wheel was warm.

OP
OP
V

vazo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks ... I'm curious to see what happens in the spring summer. I hope they don't turn on.

I turned my seats off but the wheel still went on.