Stainless Works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished up my header install. I got the cheapo Made in Asia version of the stainless works. I couldn't tell the difference except for one of the logos being upside down. But the quality was good with very smooth welds.
Didn't wait for the mufflers or tuner to show up. Truck has muchhhhhhhh more power with just the CAI and headers going through stock muffler. (Keep in mind that i'm cat less) I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I think a header install should be the second thing you do to this truck after a perch. Hopefully my tuner shows up soon and I put my foot in my mouth with even more power!

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would almost agree with you on the mod thing if Ford didn't offer a Warranty. I would not ever trust off brand products on a fifty grand vehicle.

OP
OP
Rakimb17

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would almost agree with you on the mod thing if Ford didn't offer a Warranty. I would not ever trust off brand products on a fifty grand vehicle.

I hear you. But stainless works warranties them and supposedly inspects them before they ship em out. And the price was incredible. That makes a difference when you have to pay international shipping.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Stainless Power Ford Raptor SuperCrew 6.2L 2011-14 Headers - Stainless Power - Products »

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How difficult was the install? I'd read a few other places that it was a bitch to do yourself on the 6.2. For $600... gotta admit, suddenly it is more interesting to me.

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just finished up my header install. I got the cheapo Made in Asia version of the stainless works. I couldn't tell the difference except for one of the logos being upside down. But the quality was good with very smooth welds.
Didn't wait for the mufflers or tuner to show up. Truck has muchhhhhhhh more power with just the CAI and headers going through stock muffler. (Keep in mind that i'm cat less) I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I think a header install should be the second thing you do to this truck after a perch. Hopefully my tuner shows up soon and I put my foot in my mouth with even more power!

prepare foot. It's amazing at what headers and an cai dose. But the tune brings it all together.

OP
OP
Rakimb17

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
prepare foot. It's amazing at what headers and an cai dose. But the tune brings it all together.

Tuner and Lightning style are in mail. Somewhere...

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

How difficult was the install? I'd read a few other places that it was a bitch to do yourself on the 6.2. For $600... gotta admit, suddenly it is more interesting to me.

A local shop did it. They quoted me 7 hours including a lunch break. It was done on time. But watching them tear it down, I wouldn't do it without a lift and air tools.