Squeaking in front steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the RPG Raceline UCA's up front with RPG Tie Road and Fox 3.0's.
All of a sudden over the weekend I started getting a terrible squeaking up front when I turn the steering wheel. It sounds like a Urethane bushing when they are new and dry on leaf springs or a dry bolt in a urethane bushing if you've ever heard that noise. I was wondering if any one else has had this squeaking ever? I'm not sure why a spherical ball joint would make this noise. I was thinking the tie road end maybe. I can't pinpoint where the squeak is coming from exactly.
Mil T:shrug:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the RPG Raceline UCA's up front with RPG Tie Road and Fox 3.0's.
All of a sudden over the weekend I started getting a terrible squeaking up front when I turn the steering wheel. It sounds like a Urethane bushing when they are new and dry on leaf springs or a dry bolt in a urethane bushing if you've ever heard that noise. I was wondering if any one else has had this squeaking ever? I'm not sure why a spherical ball joint would make this noise. I was thinking the tie road end maybe. I can't pinpoint where the squeak is coming from exactly.
Mil T:shrug:

Did you post this before or after you called RPG to ask them? :shrug:

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Uniballs will squeak really bad when they go out.

Prolly a $150 replacement job. Maybe more with the big uniballs.

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call RPG, Im sure its nothing major and they will take care of you right away, pointing you in the right direction, how hard do you off road it? any really big hits lately?

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was getting a lot of squeaking when I got in and out of the truck, or turned the wheel at lower speeds. The crossbar just underneath and behind the bumper is attached with a rubber shock-like part. I sprayed lubricant on the rubber and the joint and the squeaking stopped.

OP
OP
M

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the 3M Teflon spray as suggested here and by RPG. Squeaks are gone.
Thanks,
Mil T