Spray in Bedliner Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
I have the factory spray in on my 2020. On my previous three F-150s I did Rhinolinings and was really happy with it. The factory is decent but, like has been stated, they don't take anything off to spray the bed. When I went to install my Built Right Bedside Rack System I had to use a razor to cut around where bolts were sprayed on. It's just lazy on Ford's part in my opinion. The quality has been decent, however with dropping items like bikes, traction boards and a jack in the bed of the truck. On the 2020 Ford stuck a small sticker on the rear window indicating that it was a "Ford" Spray-in. I recently ordered an F-350 Tremor for towing and, for ease, went ahead and ordered the factory spray-in as well. Despite the fact that RhinoLinings was slightly better at around the same price.

Rollofire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always used Line-X, but on my 2019 I ordered Bedliner from Ford. Now I regret it as Line-X is much thicker and they cover more area from what i can tell so far. Cost is the same, but I believe Line-X is a far superior product!

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had ford’s spray in liner in my 2013 and 2019 and it was fine and looks great to this day. And I ordered my 2020 with same. Btw … I always use a rubber bed mat and a tonneau cover.

Medic 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used a plastic drop in liner and line-x on other trucks in the past. I went with the Ford option on my 2018, it’s ok but agree with the other comments. I added a Ford bed mat from the dealer and it definitely helps with any issues. I will move back to line-x in future trucks.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go aftermarket, my 18 is garage kept and nothing ever in the bed and it looks 10 years old. Faded and spots.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm an average Joe and had my bedliner sprayed by the factory for my 2016 F150 limited. While I'm not hauling debris on a daily basis, the coating was thick and I haven't seen any issues whatsoever with it for 5+ years under normal use.

I'd also like to address that the bed bolts were not covered and are easily accessible from the bed.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, the Ford liner is fine for a few years and/or light usage. If you plan to keep the truck past 5 years and plan to haul a lot of stuff in it, take the time to have a better quality liner sprayed on thicker and the hardware removed.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with my factory bedliner but I'd be happier if I had been able to get a Line-x and have the wheel wells sprayed at the same time.