Spray in Bedliner Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered the Spray In Bedliner on the new Raptor. Anyone know if this is installed at the factory or at the dealer? Has some weird *ACCY thing on the line item.

360North

Reaction score
I have no experience with the Spray-In liner from Ford.

However, here is a quote about it from the Gen2 forum…

Factory spray in is somewhat close to line-x but not as thick and it doesnt adhere as well nor does Ford remove bed hardware to spray it on so they will spray over bedbolts (I think, not 100% on that) and not behind tie downs.

Line-x adheres better and is sprayed on thicker. They also take off all hardware so you get better coverage and will be able to remove bed bolts if necessary. Line-x also has a lifetime warranty. Fords is 3/36.

…so interpret that however you wish. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Personally, I am going aftermarket with mine.

To each their own & good luck with whatever choice you make.

BTW…you can still change/modify your order before it goes to production, AFAIK…if needed.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's done offsite - something similar to this video, I'd imagine...

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't include that in my build due to a few people having there trucks waiting several weeks longer just for the spray in to be done.
Aftermarket can be done for around the same price so i figured i wasn't gaining anything by having a truck sit for a few extra weeks.

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not like the factory bedliner on my 2019 and will not get it in the future. Line-X is a better product and they don't spray the bed bolts. Plus I will have the Line-X guys spray the wheel wells.

Last edited:

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered the Spray In Bedliner on the new Raptor. Anyone know if this is installed at the factory or at the dealer? Has some weird *ACCY thing on the line item.
when I bought mine (2019) I asked to add a bedliner, the dealer sent it to a local Linex shop, had it done in a couple of days. Very happy with it, no complaints.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine done by Line-X after delivery. I had the rear wheel wells done too. I was told Linex-X scuffs the bed surface and Ford does not and that's why Linex-X stays on better. I also didn't like how coarse Linex-X was and they altered that for me too. I'm not sure they were supposed to but they did and I really like it. I wanted the bed bolts done to seal and protect since they rust when the plating gets weathered. I had them remove the rubber plugs at the front of the bed and reinstall rather than spray over them. They also will leave the plastic Linex-X logo off rather than embedding it into the spray. Also about the wheel wells their gun is big so it is difficult to spray within about 4 -6 inches or so inside the well near the fender flair. But with extra effort they can get that with I believe a cold spray they use for smaller areas.

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck came with the factory bed liner directly from ford. The liner is definitely adequate but not as tough as line x. Bolts will be sprayed over but this is only an issue if you plan on installing any racks or braces/supports that utilize the factory bed bolts.

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told that the Ford Spray-In is done onsite in the Ford production line.
I ordered my Gen3 with Spray-In and I just hope it doesn't delay the delivery.. Fingers crossed :)