SPD Performance Down Pipes Gen 3 Raptor now available!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Hmm interesting. Can't pass smog test could be hard.
They definitely pass smog test as they are still cats on them and will pass visual inspection. Also you don’t need to smog your truck until it like 7 or 8 yrs old. Sold my 17 gen 2 this year and never had to smog it in CA

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They definitely pass smog test as they are still cats on them and will pass visual inspection. Also you don’t need to smog your truck until it like 7 or 8 yrs old. Sold my 17 gen 2 this year and never had to smog it in CA
One of my customers told me 10? Honestly not sure being in Texas but I get my people what they want lol.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The aftermarket cats absolutely do not pass visual and will not pass smog. With that said, honestly most shops will look under the hood and do an OBD scan and call it a day. So as long as you swap your stock intake back on and don’t have a huge fmic, they likely won’t take the time to look closely at the downpipes.

Bigperm

Reaction score
If it doesn't pass smog would have a problem for cali people. Which sucks. Maybe gotta wait, I can't imagine swaping them back just for smog check. Hmm