Soon to be Raptor Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bituman

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I’m a ”prospective owner” since in the process of buying a ‘22 Raptor. Vital statistics: 35“ Code Orange, High package, pro power, beadlock capable wheels. Oh yeah, the moon roof/tailgate package. Bugs me that I have to get a moon roof to get the tailgate step. If Ford sticks to plan, the blend date is May 9, so based on my Bronco experience, delivery probably early to mid-June. Was a tough choice between a Raptor and Platinum Powerboost. I’d be all in on a Powerboost Raptor.

OP
OP
Bituman

Bituman

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t know for sure. But I suspect the geometry of the 3G frame not designed to hold the battery. Also, the battery is very heavy and would add a lot of weight to the Raptor. I would think it would require significant change to the suspension. Powerboosting a Raptor would be a pretty major redesign.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF, Prospect.
#MaybeOneLesspriusBy2024

Powerboost is a heavy enough option to induce some new suspension components at least. Aviator picks up about .2-.3 in the quarter mile, but gains quite a bit of weight. I think we’re a bit portly in comparison to the Aviator and run steeper gears, not to mention the Raptor use case is far outside the use case of the Aviator.

I think it could be an option eventually but we wouldn’t want them to just slap in an off the shelf system without Raptor level QA.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I would think that powerboost batteries and hardware, in addition to the weight and suspension issues, would probably not be baja abuse ready. So if/when they go down the hybrid route they must beef all that up to withstand the abuse of baja...