Some engineer is going to get fired

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally after 10 years, I've had a part on my gen 1 fail. The wiper switch went screwy. It took 20 minutes to change it. Would have taken less than 10 if I didn't have to look for the correct socket and torx tools.

I can't believe Ford allowed an engineer to make something that simple (5 screws, slide out). Must have been a new kid that hadn't had on job training yet.

Had I taken it Ford dealership:
Parts = $165.00 (paid $25)
Labor = $ 150.00 (15 minutes)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Good on you. I owned a Kawasaki ZX11 for...15 years. I did all kinds of things to that bike, she still put down over 150 at the wheel on year 15. Anyway, that was the year that the only failure ever occurred for me- the front brake switch that turns on the brake light.

It’s the exact same part on every road going Kawasaki for as far back as they have records! On a bet, I pulled the one from my ZX14, and sure enough, it worked. cost less than 10 bucks to replace.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The "engineers" who should have been fired are the ones who declined to put drain plugs on differential covers, and the ones who put plastic pans on the engines and transmissions of America's premier off-road vehicle. The guys behind the cam phaser debacle ought to be out the door, too.