Software Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lawraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get the latest connectivity update, then their truck shows battery and brake faults, with a message popping up every time it turns off saying low power mode? Idles higher too.

Attachments

• IMG_5191.jpeg
    IMG_5191.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5192.jpeg
    IMG_5192.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5193.jpeg
    IMG_5193.jpeg
    662.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5194.jpeg
    IMG_5194.jpeg
    878.7 KB · Views: 37

WisestIowan

Reaction score
One of the recent updates turned my automatic wipers on. 2023 37 package and they’ve never worked. I read here I needed to do Forscan and turn them on from there. They were “on” according to the infotainment system but never worked.

Now they work and, honestly, they work better than I figured they ever would.

March 2023 build and April 2023 purchase.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get the latest connectivity update, then their truck shows battery and brake faults, with a message popping up every time it turns off saying low power mode? Idles higher too

Might be that you actually have a low SOC. Charge the battery or go drive it for awhile. Pretty sure you’ll need to drive for more than 30 minutes continuously to make any real impact on charging the battery. The auto updates will use battery power and might have drained your battery. The low voltage might be the cause of the brake faults. Low voltage can cause a lot of issues.

DatGuy14

Reaction score
Anyone else get the latest connectivity update, then their truck shows battery and brake faults, with a message popping up every time it turns off saying low power mode? Idles higher too.

I had the same issue a few updates ago. My ford tech told me the low battery warning is not uncommon after auto-updates because the truck and computer run off the battery alone, and some of the updates take a long time to complete. It should start up right away and should not come back, but if its recurring you should go get it checked.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, After a loooooong time (2+years) without any OTA updates, it appears the dealer has fixed my issue.

From Ford write up:

CUSTOMER IS STILL NOT GETTING OVER THE AIR UDATES, THEY SPOKE TO SOMEONE AT FORD AND THEY SAID THE VEHICLE NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT BY THE DEALER. PLEASE CHECK AND ADVISE CHECKED SYSTEMS FOR DTCS WITH FDRS. HAD A COMMUNICATION CODE BETWEEN ABS AND APIM, U0253 IN THE ABS MODULE. FOUND SSM FOR

THE DTC. REPROGRAMED THE ABS MODULE AND CLEARED THE SYSTEM. CHECKED FOR SW UPDATES AND REPROGRAMED THE ACM. REPROGRAMED THE GWM AND IT FAILED 2 TIMES. I TRIED A NEW FDRS AND USB DRIVE AND IT FINALLY WENT THROUGH AND ALL THE NUMBERS PASSED THIS TIME. BEFORE I TRIED THE NEW FDRS I TRIED A HARD REBOOT AND A MASTER RESET. AFTER THE GWM UPDATE AN APIM SW UPDATE APPEARED ON FDRS SW LIST. I PERFORMED THE APIM SW REPROGRAMING AND IT PASSED. RETESTED AND ALL PASSED.

--End Write up----

About 2 days after, I received my first update. Heres where I am so far:

OLD SOFTWARE VERSION (2/12/2022):
Sync 4, Software Version: 21223_PRODUCT
Revision: 197

3-14-2024
Sync 4, Software Version: 22192_PRODUCT (also known as 3.5.2)
Revision: 498

3-22-2024
Sync 4, Software Version: 22293_PRODUCT (also known as 3.5.3)
Revision: 610

I'm confident that the truck will start getting all of the updates over the next few weeks. Just thought I'd pass it along in case anyone else has issues. I couldn't have kept on without all the awesome suggestions from here.

Last edited:

Donarash

Reaction score
One of the recent updates turned my automatic wipers on. 2023 37 package and they’ve never worked. I read here I needed to do Forscan and turn them on from there. They were “on” according to the infotainment system but never worked.

Now they work and, honestly, they work better than I figured they ever would.

March 2023 build and April 2023 purchase.
I have the same issue on a 22 37pp. wipers are a pain. I have not gotten an update notification yet.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I got a prompt for an update last week (first time I can remember), I believe it went though because it asked me if a certain time was okay and I clicked yes, haven't seen another prompt.

Anything cool that I should look for? I don't use android auto or car play and don't have the cellular plan.

I did go through settings and turned off back up brake assist and turned the front collision alert down to "low", that thing was retarded sensitive. Those settings were probably there all along, perhaps.

May '22 build.