Software Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its a GWM update. Apparently the software that some trucks got have issues with ford pass communicating.
1708642348112.png

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I was having intermittent issues where the download would not finish. It kept saying "incomplete" or something.

I turned on my hotspot and got the subscription though ATT for $20 a month and then it seemed to have resolved something because I've gotten 2 updates since I added it about 3 weeks ago.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I was having intermittent issues where the download would not finish. It kept saying "incomplete" or something.

I turned on my hotspot and got the subscription though ATT for $20 a month and then it seemed to have resolved something because I've gotten 2 updates since I added it about 3 weeks ago.
The service is already there. You’re just paying to use it as a Hot Spot. Most OTA fail due to the Battery State of Charge. If you don’t drive your truck very long it’s easy to have it fail.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The service is already there. You’re just paying to use it as a Hot Spot. Most OTA fail due to the Battery State of Charge. If you don’t drive your truck very long it’s easy to have it fail.
You missed what I was saying. The trial ended a long time ago. I just added it again and it seemed to have enabled communication again. I drive my truck daily so it's not what you're saying in my case.

It almost seems that the OTA updates are tied to the cellular connection state.

Jesse1983

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked my vin here...https://www.ford.com/support/recalls/

and got this....

Customer Satisfaction Programs **​

Gateway module programing

Description
Gateway module programing
Campaign#
23B21
Next Steps
Contact your local dealer for next steps.

Looked up the campaign number and got this

thanks for this. Plugging in my VIN showed the same program. But other than this OTA, it seems all my other connected features are working.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks for this. Plugging in my VIN showed the same program. But other than this OTA, it seems all my other connected features are working.
I think they are related. I used the connected car hotspot trial and the OTA was working. I let it expire and then they stopped. I added the service back because I needed it and then I got 2 OTA updates shortly after. I suspect that there might be some code issue that errors out somewhere when the cellular connection stops.

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anybody suggested this but when you are parked at home make sure truck is connected to your home WiFi. This can be done from Settings. Also schedule your updates to occur late night or very early am when truck is parked at home