Software Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tbogo

Reaction score
Having same issue with my 2021 not getting any updates. Presently in About Sync shows 21223_Production Rev 197. I have Wi-Fi connected in my garage. Not sure what version it should be at as I called the Ford support folks for help and even the rep could not tell me the latest version but said all cars have different ones. When going to System Updates it tells me "system is up-to-date". Looking like I need to go to the dealer to get this resolved.

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone that hasn't been updated to the latest version: do not be sad.

Fullscreen Apple CarPlay is great, but they made changes to the lane keep that makes it unbearable. The base lane keep assist (without cruise control) is way too aggressive by default. When you enable cruise control, the lane keep assist is somehow worse and now the steering wheel nag comes in super quick even when my hands are on the wheel.

Pretty unhappy with this update.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yesterday I got sick of waiting and turned off automatic updates since we're going on a long road trip and I don't want my truck bricked by a random update.

One hour later I get a message on the app on my phone that my truck has updated. Got inside and confirmed that full screen CarPlay is an option now, so it did actually update.

I am very confused.

Glad to hear you got your update!

Just went to Ford to get some other work done on the raptor -- they checked for Sync updates and they said "9588' is the latest. Not sure what that means but, I don't have full-screen android auto. Kind of out of options at this point...I guess I just wait and hope I get it before my summer trip.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just went to Ford to get some other work done on the raptor -- they checked for Sync updates and they said "9588' is the latest. Not sure what that means but, I don't have full-screen android auto. Kind of out of options at this point...I guess I just wait and hope I get it before my summer trip.
translation: your truck says its up to date so we wont bother. that's what happened to me

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

translation: your truck says its up to date so we wont bother. that's what happened to me
Yep, just got that response today again. This was even from a different dealer I tried.

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This update gave me full screen CarPlay/AA, but it ruined the self-driving features the day before we embarked on a ~2000 mile roadtrip. It's terrible on anything other than mostly straight roads :(

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This update gave me full screen CarPlay/AA, but it ruined the self-driving features the day before we embarked on a ~2000 mile roadtrip. It's terrible on anything other than mostly straight roads :(
I think it was known that self driving would be an issue..hence the 2k refund

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you've stated, BC was a non-starter for this truck so I'll bet he's referencing the Lane Keep Assist...that it has gotten slightly worse.
Yeah I should have clarified I meant LKA. It's struggling super hard on roads with clearly marked lanes in broad daylight. It's basically unusable everywhere other than completely straight freeways right now.

Whatever they changed in the last update has made it downright dangerous to use. It regularly steers me into and over solid white lines into the shoulder.

Last edited:

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I should have clarified I meant LKA. It's struggling super hard on roads with clearly marked lanes in broad daylight. It's basically unusable everywhere other than completely straight freeways right now.

Whatever they changed in the last update has made it downright dangerous to use. It regularly steers me into and over solid white lines into the shoulder.
I would take it to a dealer and see if they can calibrate the LKA. I have done numerous updates and never had this issue. If you want to do it yourself, you can calibrate with Forscan but that’s up to you.