Software Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck? Seems like on this forum and even on the F150Gen14 forum, model year 21's are having the biggest issues not receiving the updates.
22. Blend date around March 22 I believe.

gjw535

Reaction score
Just received the 4.2.2 update last week. Now I get random instances of static through android auto. It happens a bit after startup sometimes and almost any time I shift into reverse and the cameras come up on the main screen. Everything worked perfectly before the update.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still no updates, MY2021. Should I see the dealer?

View attachment 403938
The latest SYNC version is 22228 Rev 539. Open the link below & scroll down. It’ll show all the OTAs, when they were released, & for which vehicle it applies to. So yes…a trip to the dealer may be in order. But when you go, show them the procedure below that @gdflynn1 had his dealer perform which got him up & running. GL!

Welp, I guess its my lucky day. My truck wound up in the hands of one of the most experienced Ford techs this dealership has. Spent a few mins with him when I picked it up. Here is what he had to do:
- FOund update available for gateway module (GWM), applied
- After GWM updated, an APIM updated became available, applied
- After APIM updated, another GWM update became available, applied
- After GWM updated, another APIM...applied
- After APIM update, an update to the TCU was available, applied
- After TCU, another GWM, applied....
- After all the GWM, APIM, TCU updates, I appear to be fully updated now

Dayyyyuummmm

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the above. My Raptor is going in for Service tomorrow and I will request the same thing.

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oct 21 build here...was about to give in and go to the dealer, but to my surprise I got the notification from FordPass this weekend saying I got the 3.5.3 update. I had asked over on the F150 forum and I guess there was a previous attempt in January. Apparently second or third try's the charm. Been parked in the garage connected to wifi, which I still can't tell if it matters or not

PXL_20230423_193222980 - Copy.jpg

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The latest SYNC version is 22228 Rev 539. Open the link below & scroll down. It’ll show all the OTAs, when they were released, & for which vehicle it applies to. So yes…a trip to the dealer may be in order. But when you go, show them the procedure below that @gdflynn1 had his dealer perform which got him up & running. GL!

I’m on version 23014, revision 689. Am I living in the future?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc