Software Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crazy that some people are getting 1-2 updates after the full screen update before some of us have even received the full screen update. Called the SYNC helpline yesterday and the guy gave me an up down up down left right left right B A B A select start code to try to help make sure my truck is able to receive the updates.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazy that some people are getting 1-2 updates after the full screen update before some of us have even received the full screen update. Called the SYNC helpline yesterday and the guy gave me an up down up down left right left right B A B A select start code to try to help make sure my truck is able to receive the updates.
My update was stuck for a few weeks. Once I took it to the dealer and had them force it to update, ive since receive a few ota updates after no problem. Suggest taking it to the dealer and having them do it.

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Got the same response when I contacted them last week. They said if I don't get an update in the next 2 weeks then I have to contact a dealer. Kinda sucks as I no longer have faith in the dealer I purchased nor the other dealer close to me after numerous issues.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the same response when I contacted them last week. They said if I don't get an update in the next 2 weeks then I have to contact a dealer. Kinda sucks as I no longer have faith in the dealer I purchased nor the other dealer close to me after numerous issues.
The sad thing is how much Ford is using the OTA updates as a selling feature, yet they won't stand behind it when it doesn't work properly. Dealer told me that it would cost $150 for them to do updates. When I asked why since my truck is still under warranty, they said "Ford is using that to force people to set their vehicles up to do the OTA updates". We can't doo anything about the fact that our trucks aren't receiving updates so in this case, Ford should do the update under warranty or fix the reason why it is not receiving the updates.

Oh well, I guess I can't miss what I don't know I am missing.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sad thing is how much Ford is using the OTA updates as a selling feature, yet they won't stand behind it when it doesn't work properly. Dealer told me that it would cost $150 for them to do updates. When I asked why since my truck is still under warranty, they said "Ford is using that to force people to set their vehicles up to do the OTA updates". We can't doo anything about the fact that our trucks aren't receiving updates so in this case, Ford should do the update under warranty or fix the reason why it is not receiving the updates.

Oh well, I guess I can't miss what I don't know I am missing.
I ended up telling my dealer (after seeing the thread on the F-150 forums) that is was likely a bad APIM that would need to be replaced, this kind of forced them to do a hard reset and update to check the module (which was fine) but then allowed mine to finally get the updates.

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up telling my dealer (after seeing the thread on the F-150 forums) that is was likely a bad APIM that would need to be replaced, this kind of forced them to do a hard reset and update to check the module (which was fine) but then allowed mine to finally get the updates.

I wonder if Forscan can hard reset it?

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I convinced my friend at local deal to send a mobile tech here, see if it can be done. She isnt 100% confident due to signal strength as potential issues but willing to give it a shot. Will keep you posted

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the 4.2.2 OTA update. CarPlay updates in the details.
What year is your truck? Seems like on this forum and even on the F150Gen14 forum, model year 21's are having the biggest issues not receiving the updates.